Hello, hello, hello!
This week was great! and I just want to tell you all about it, so here it goes!
Last Tuesday, I had a wonderful time at the temple and had an awesome devotional given by Sister Wixom, the general primary president. We sang in the choir again, which was wonderful - we sang Jesus once of Humble Birth, which went very well and really brought the spirit. It's such a neat song that repeats the theme of what Jesus once was and did, and what He is and does now. Really cool. During Sister Wixom's address, we had the awesome opportunity to sing some Primary songs, including "I hope they call me on a amission and I belong to the church of Jesus Christ of Laztter day saints" - it was so fun to be in that auditorium with at least 2,000 other missionaries singing out the songs of our childhood that we are now living out! It truly was wonderful.
Last thursday, we had the opportunity to go to the trc again - and it was yet anogther great experience. It's crazy to think i only have one more visit there (we don't have trc this week)!!! Going into the lesson, I wasn't feeling super prepared, but some how the Lord makes up the rest and it worked out great! Both brent and the 3 girls we taught all said we were speaking very well. The 3 sisters we taught said w'ere doing better than any other group of mtc missionaries before, and brent said that he didn't hear any problms with our czech that wouldn't be fixed from just living there. That was a great confidence booster! I'm convinced that the Lord will always deliver us from feelings of sorrow, doubt, or despair.
Our teaching of Milan and Jarka is continuing to go very well. We taught Milan about the law of Chastity this week, which he said would be hard, but he would try to keep it. When we met with him yesterday, he shared with us that he has a habit of breaking it which he is finding hard to break - so we had a wonderful lesson on what he can do to help keep his thoughts and actions clean and pure. We also advised him to talk to his girlfriend, and ask her if she's willing to help him keep it. I pray that he will be blessed with success in overcoming this trial.
Our teaching of jarka is going very well, also!! As a companionship, we were a little concerned about her personal motivation and drive to accept and live the gospel - so this week, we taught her about repentance and how baptism is the first fruits of repentce. Because she has expressed continuing interest in the idea of a "way/path to God", we read 2 Nefi 31:17, which talks about the "gate by which we should enter is prepentance and baptism" - then Starsi Smith issued the baptismal challenge - and she accepted! She's getting baptized on the 20 of July! We were all so happy for her, and we just beamed( or at least i know I did haha) with happiness for her decision. She is really coming unto Christ, and that's a beartiful thing to see.
It's weird to think that this really was only a simulation of investigators - i'm actually going to be sad to lose them when we go to Prague...But boy oh boy! am i ever so excited to get to prague! On sunday, we had Brother mciff speak to us (the brother of an MTC presidency counsellor) and basically he just shared stories from his mission and i just had theis overwhelming feeling of excitement that i want to get there and start making stories of my own! Wow, I'm so excited!
I was asked by Presidnet Creer (my brach presdident) if i would be willing to accept an assignment to speak next Sunday in a big combined meeting of 15 berancehs in the big gym...wow! what an opportunity! The only thing i'm going to have to figure out is how to teach my topic - the atonement - in my allotted time - 3 to 4 minutes...yeah...but hopefully i'll come up with something that will uplift somebody in the congregation!
Thank you so much for your package this week! As far as what i'd like, i'd say just to surprise me! I love anything you make, marmee!!! The rob's oatmeal cookies this week were such a n awesome surprise! I went down that night, got a bottle of creamery milk, and chowed down on them - i think i probably ate around 6-7 that first night! haha they were a wonderful taste of home, so thank you thank you thank you for that!
Happy father's day/early birthday again dad! I hope you liked your present! I figured pictures are what'll be best anyway! LIke i said, a lot of them might start to look familiar...but that's just life here at the MTC!!!
This week, the mtc is hosting the new mission presdient seminar, so there a lot of extra firesides/small changes to the schedule which will be happily received! Our district has the wonderful opportunity to be hosts for new missionaries tomorrow! I'm so excited to help those new missionaries feel welcomed and happy here at the MTC - it makes me think back to my dropoff. LIke i said earlier, I don't think my dropoff could have gone any better - we were smiling, happy, excited...everything it should be! It wasn't sad in the least - a little bittersweet, yes - but sad? Not at all.
A couple more small things - could I get some of Kimber's pics from new york? and also, I need the dates for my first 2 hepititus B doses for the immunizations record. Thanks!
I love you SO much, and look forward to emailing again next week!
S laskou,
Starsi Mullen
No comments:
Post a Comment