Hi, family!!!
So this week was pretty good overall!!! We had a zone conference in Olomouc last Tuesday, which was awesome. I loved seeing all of my fellow Elders, and especially my MTC brothers. It's amazing how close we get here doing the Lord's work. It was a wonderful conference, and we got a couple new things - first off, we received the Book of Mormon Liahona in both Czech and English! They gave each companionship like 17 Czech ones, and they are wonderful! We have already used them with investigators, and it is such an awesome tool to use in getting people interested in that sacred piece of scripture. President Irwin has also given us 30 minutes of extra study time daily that we can use until we read through and get to know that Liahona. To all of you reading this email/blogpost, try reading it! It is so well written and designed and is a perfect introduction to the Book of Mormon.
The second thing that we received last week was a portable DVD player! It's way nice - we can only use it in our apartment, but it is way nice to be able to watch clips from "The District" while we're waiting for dinner/lunch to cook. I really do think that watching those clips makes me a better missionary, which is way awesome!
Now, for a few stories from the week - first off, one of our investigators is doing awesome! We had a lesson with her on Friday about the gospel of Jesus Christ, and she was fascinated. She said that she really likes meeting with us because she thinks that we are "true Christians" and, despite some opposition from her friends, keeps meeting. She said that some of her friends told her that the Mormons are "weird", but she said that she just replied "well, I don't know about the guys that you met, but the guys who I meet with are really cool" haha. So we had a lesson with her that she loved. We talked about the 5 basic points of the Gospel, and she pulled out a binder and started taking notes about it because she "didn't want to forget anything". She is so cool. So anyway, we had a way good lesson with her, then she came back later that night for our game night and stayed for everything, including the spiritual thought. We're meeting again on Tuesday - please pray for her. Her main obstacle is just belief - she doesn't believe in God or Christ yet. And that keeps her from praying, because she says that it doesn't make sense to pray to someone that she doesn't know or believe in, and when she tried it, it felt kind of like just talking to herself. We're working hard to try to help her understand who her Heavenly Father is and how she can come to know Him. But in our last lesson, she told us that "maybe in 10 or 12 years I will be a Christian" - we smiled and joked afterwards that maybe it'll be in 10 or 12 weeks haha. But we just keep on working with her and trying to help her come closer to Christ.
I also had a really cool experience this week talking to Starsi Egger - I called him up and talked for a bit about how things were going in Plzen, Lochotin. I came to find out that our newest member there is doing so well! Unfortunately, he lost his job at Billa, a grocery store here - but it has kind of been a blessing in disguise, because now he can and has been coming to church every Sunday. He came to all sessions of General Conference. He found a new short-term job at a bakery. And, even when he works until 3 in the morning at the bakery to get ready for the next day, he comes to church at 9. He told the elders that it's not a big deal. Oh boy, does that feel awesome! Truly how great is my joy for him. It truly is indescribable - I am just so happy for him, seeing him going strong in following Jesus Christ.
Then, yesterday, guess who came to church? Our investigator and her son!! Her husband couldn't come because his father was visiting and he stayed home with them while his wife and son came to church. It was so great. The branch just ate her up - everyone who knew even a lick of English were practically lining up to talk with her and introduce themselves. She had a great experience, stayed for all 3 hours, and her son even loved Primary! It was a definite answer to my prayers. She is actually going back to America for a couple weeks starting next Wednesday, so we're praying that she will continue to meet and talk after she returns. She is so special.
So there are a few highlights of the week. I'm emailing from Prague because I came in to get my visa renewed. It's been great to see all of my fellow MTC elders and sisters here, and I'll be heading back in a little bit to Olomouc by train.
I'm excited for the surprise package and pics! and as far as Christmas goes...I honestly don't know. I'm happy and content with all that I have. The only things I can think of are kinda BORING hahaha - I'd like an extra battery for my camera (there have been a couple times where I wished I had just a little more battery life haha), a package of just white long balloons (I've used almost all of the white ones I have for spiritual thoughts making sheep...people love them), a couple plain black sharpies, and a couple thin tip black sharpies...and I always love pictures! But that's really all I can think of. I'll love all that you send, though, because it'll be from you. I love you so much.
Until next week,
S laskou,
Starsi Mullen
No comments:
Post a Comment