Mission Address (use exact wording below for letters)

Mission Address

(use exact address below for letters -

packages require a different address)

Církev Ježíše Krista Svatých posledních dnů

Elder Joseph Mullen

Badeniho 1

160 00 Praha 6

Czech Republic Europe

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas will bring a phone call from Joseph

December 5, 2011

Hello, family! Well, that sounds like quite the week at home. Crazy how much is going on! Needless to say, I'm praying for you all that everything will go well. That's crazy about the winds in Farmington - but how cool to see an entire community come together to help and protect eachother. That must have been quite the sight.

Before I continue, I want to make sure to answer your questions! Here it goes:
1 - YES! Thank you so much - I loved it
2 - Not yet, but I think it's because of how they do christmas packages. They give them all to us on the 23 at the conference because it's kinda, no REALLY, hectic with all the packages coming into the office for missionaries. So I think I'm gonna get them all just on the 23. Thank you!
3 - As far as birthday package stuff goes...hmmm, one thing I would like a lot is a transcription of the night before I left, including the advice from my favorite Aunties! Other than that, probably pictures...ooh, and maybe a bag of brown sugar and chocolate chips! maybe butterscotch ones! Then I could make rob's oatmeal cookies. That would be delicious. So there are a couple ideas.
4 - The call will be on Christmas Day, and you'll get an email with details on that as it approaches from the office. I'm not sure on all the details, so it'll be best to just wait for that email. I'm excited too!
5 - see email sent earlier.
 
Now, for a little bit about my week:
 
Well, this week definitely had ups and downs, but the ups were great! Definitely the best up is how well one of our investigators is progressing. He got back from Germany last Sunday, and we had 4 lessons with him last week. We kind of started over a bit, really going in depth about the role Jesus Christ plays in his life. He's not from a Christian background and never understood when we or anyone else said Jesus Christ is our Savior. It was so cool to go back to the very very basics with him and teach him about repentance. We got him talking and sharing more in lessons and something is starting to click. He still doesn't understand fully the incredible role Christ plays in his life personally, but he is willing to act and learn, and that's all we and the Lord can ask! He's reading in the Book of Mormon on his own, came to church again for all 3 hours - it's great. He prays in every lesson we have, but doesn't "know what to say" when he prays alone, so his personal prayers are lacking a little bit right now. But we plan on continuing to work with that and help him understand that he can tell his Heavenly Father anything that is on his mind. But we also solidified a baptismal date for him on January 7. He really understands baptism now - he told us that he has felt the influence of the Holy Ghost from time to time in his life, but it always comes in spurts and leaves. He said he tried holding onto it, but it just wouldn't stay. We taught him the difference between the influence and the gift of the Holy Ghost, and how we receive the gift through confirmation. He really got it and wants the gift of the Holy Ghost for himself - that constant companion that will never leave, as long as he remains worthy. We have another lesson with him tomorrow and will teach the Word of Wisdom. We know he smokes, so please pray for him to accept it and understand the power that comes from keeping the commandments.
 
The sister I spoke of last week came to church again this Sunday for all 3 hours! She's doing so great now. The branch continues to love her, and the other Relief Society sisters are doing great at teaching her and helping her come back to full activity. This is 3 weeks in a row that she has come to church, and we haven't even challenged her - she is doing it because she knows it's right and knows it helps. It is so great to see.
 
Well, not much more time today - sorry! I wanted to make sure I mentioned here at the end really how much of a gift your letters are. Marmee and Tata, every letter I receive from you is a priceless and precious gift. I read every one with a huge smile. Tata, I got your letter you wrote me on Thanksgiving and was just so happy. I'm glad you got to see me, even for a little bit, in your dream and talk to me. I wish I could have shared in that dream. I miss you both a lot, but know this is where I need to be. (And who knows, maybe I will go to Brno next transfer!) The Gospel is true - how grateful I am for it!
 
S laskou,
Starsi Mullen
 
(ps........dum dum!)

No comments:

Post a Comment