Hello, family! So here I am, another week already gone by - man, where does time go? I guess time's fun when you're having flies haha. I absolutely loved your email. And oh my goodness, how cool will it be to get in contact with your friends family! I will for sure call them tomorrow to set up next week. I will keep you very much informed with what happens. I'm so glad that you and Chris and Jenna got the packages! And of course that Aunt Sue and Uncle Steve got to open their package. I love you all so much and hope you know that those little tokens are something small that represents a lot more.
So now for your questions!
1- I love the atmosphere of the office - it's so cool doing business type stuff in an environment that is filled with the spirit. And sister Bohne reminds me so much of you, Marmee! Oh my, you would (and perhaps will) be such good friends! And it's a wonderful experience to work so closely with the Assistants and President and Sister Irwin. I love it.
2- I did get to see some of the elders from my MTC group! Starsi Heath, Gabrielsen, and Salas all came in to pick up a new missionary companion. They were super excited, and it was very fun to see them and even tell their new companions a little about them while we worked with them on visa registration. It's interesting to see how truly individual each mission is for us. I often wonder what it is about me and about this calling in the office that is exactly what the Lord wants. But, like I said, it is comforting to know who is in charge.
3- Oh mylanta, Church was so, so great! It is a totally different experience than both Plzen and Olomouc, which both had relatively similar branches. There are around 120+ people who attend every week - families everywhere, parents taking restless kids into the foyer, an organ - it's wonderful. I'm already in love with the branch here. There's a young mens and young women's program, a huge YSA program, a strong priesthood quorum and relief society - I kind of feel back at home sometimes. It is a wonderful branch of saints. I gave a "missionary moment" talk in Sacrament meeting that only lasted about 4 minutes, but it was well received. I got to talk with a lot of people afterwards and started to really get to know them. Oh my, I can't wait for you to meet them one day.
4- Probably my favorite experience was...well, ok, I'll write 2 because I can't pick. First happened yesterday - we had a lesson set up with an investigator and the district relief society president. She is such a solid member and a true saint. Our investigator unfortunately didn't come, so instead we went upstairs and practiced teaching with Sister M. Afterwards, we talked together for a bit and came to find out that her husband is very much against the church and is not a member. We talked with her for a while and came up with a plan to stop by next week on Thursday with cookies (courtesy of the baking package haha) and fruit salad (because he loves fruit) when he gets home from work and try to at least make positive contact. I'm super excited - but please, please pray for him to be open to at least talking with us.
The other happened actually today! We had an amazing first lesson with a new investigator. He was a referral from a member in Ostrava and has met with missionaries in the past (around 4 years ago) - super cool guy. The lesson was absolutely wonderful. It was so refreshing to hear how big of a role God plays in his life. It's not the norm here to hear somebody say honestly that everything they have is only thanks to God, that commandments are for our safety and good, and that we should wake up every morning and pour out our thanks in prayer for all He has given us. I'm way excited to continue meeting with him - we commited him to baptism and he said that he might, but wants to know more about what it entails before he commits to it.
5- Yes, we do get to visit local sites on P-days. It's such a big and beautiful city. So much going on and so much to do! You'll absolutely love it and I'm excited to take you on a personal tour one day. (btw, is it bad how excited I am to bring you back here? I'm just so excited for it haha! ) Anyway, Starsi Dietrich took a walk through the center today and went shopping on Vaclavske namesti - I bought myself a new suit! It was for a pretty good price and looks really, REALLY good (if I do say so myself haha). Thank you!
So yeah, life is good in Prague. Lots and lots and lots to do, both in the office and as a missionary (although both of those are in reality intertwined). It's all the same, glorious work - just different applications. Know that I love you all and think of you often. This work is so, so good, and the gospel is so, so true!
S laskou,
Starsi Mullen
No comments:
Post a Comment