March 16, 2013
Wow, this week flew. It
really was just a blink of an eye. How I loved getting your email,
however, and I have lots to tell you today! It's very exciting. I love
being here doing the Lord's work.
What
a week it sounds like! So much going on without me even knowing - it's
crazy how time continues to pass all over the world! Sometimes I feel
like time just stops while I'm here, but it certainly doesn't! I'm so
glad to hear that everything worked out with the practice and most
especially that Landon is OK. He's starting to learn from experience
what is a good idea and what isn't haha. Bless his little heart. Give
him a hug from his favorite missionary uncle when you can!
And
wow, way to go Emmett on the apartment! Please thank him for being such
an amazing friend - I am so looking forward to rooming with him this
coming fall. It will be a blast. And wow, how cool to have more Czechs!
You'll have to tell Emmett that he's definitely going to learn Czech
with us all around - I'll teach him right from the very beginning! I saw
Elder S at specialized training this last week and he mentioned
that we might be rooming together, how happy I am to know that it's
going through! Please let Emmett know how great Starsi S and O are - I really love and respect both of them and they'll be fantastic
roommates. President Irwin commented to us this week how happy it makes
him that Czech/Slovak missionaries stay close even after the mission,
and what a fun time we'll have continuing to be missionaries in a
different area.
And Jenna, you are still in my prayers! Can't wait to see that beautiful little Mullen girl come into the world.
So here are your answers for the week!
1. We took George the toaster in to get an estimate on fixing the door. We would like to get that done but they said that we will lose the trim decal stripe because they cannot match it. We will try to find something similar but are you good with that? We will need to get it fixed to sell it eventually anyway. - Yeah, that's fine! I didn't know something was wrong with the door, haha. But yes, a different stripe will liven George up for sure.
2. Any suggestions for changes to your class schedule? Or requests? - Thanks for your email, I got it and could open it great! The schedule looks fantastic, evenings free, no super early classes (although those wouldn't be a problem now haha). Great job! Thanks for all your hard work. Your plan with art and english sounds good, I'll decide that at a later moment. If there's any specific questions you want me to work out, please let me know.
3. We are looking at the summer schedule for Dad's work. We will be going to Gram's posterity reunion in Idaho the week of July 8th. We are thinking of going to the Czech Republic the last week of July to the first week of August...so two questions...does that time frame sound good to you, knowing the country we are going to...AND would you rather go for 10 days or two weeks. We just are not sure how much visiting /site seeing you will want to do. We will follow your lead but need to kind of get an idea so Dad takes the time off. - Well, I'm not sure on this one. As far as the people I want to visit, 10 days would be plenty of time to visit them all. But there are quite a few things to see if you'd like to - I guess my verdict is that there would definitely be things to do for 2 weeks if we wanted to, but it's really up to you. I'm good either way (you know me haha), whatever would work better for the summer schedule.
4. The most important...how are your investigators AND how did your week of traveling and teaching go...was it so good to see your missionaries? - OK, so here's a quick update on the week! It was fantastic to see the other missionaries - I love these specialized trainings. We traveled safely and without problems - Tuesday night we drove to Olomouc, Wednesday we drove to Zilina, Thursday to Brno, and Friday afternoon it was back to Praha. We were blessed to find another amazing investigator. He said his first prayer with us and told us openly that he felt the Spirit, something he'd never felt before that he really liked. I know that the Lord answers prayers and that he had felt His love.
And Jenna, you are still in my prayers! Can't wait to see that beautiful little Mullen girl come into the world.
So here are your answers for the week!
1. We took George the toaster in to get an estimate on fixing the door. We would like to get that done but they said that we will lose the trim decal stripe because they cannot match it. We will try to find something similar but are you good with that? We will need to get it fixed to sell it eventually anyway. - Yeah, that's fine! I didn't know something was wrong with the door, haha. But yes, a different stripe will liven George up for sure.
2. Any suggestions for changes to your class schedule? Or requests? - Thanks for your email, I got it and could open it great! The schedule looks fantastic, evenings free, no super early classes (although those wouldn't be a problem now haha). Great job! Thanks for all your hard work. Your plan with art and english sounds good, I'll decide that at a later moment. If there's any specific questions you want me to work out, please let me know.
3. We are looking at the summer schedule for Dad's work. We will be going to Gram's posterity reunion in Idaho the week of July 8th. We are thinking of going to the Czech Republic the last week of July to the first week of August...so two questions...does that time frame sound good to you, knowing the country we are going to...AND would you rather go for 10 days or two weeks. We just are not sure how much visiting /site seeing you will want to do. We will follow your lead but need to kind of get an idea so Dad takes the time off. - Well, I'm not sure on this one. As far as the people I want to visit, 10 days would be plenty of time to visit them all. But there are quite a few things to see if you'd like to - I guess my verdict is that there would definitely be things to do for 2 weeks if we wanted to, but it's really up to you. I'm good either way (you know me haha), whatever would work better for the summer schedule.
4. The most important...how are your investigators AND how did your week of traveling and teaching go...was it so good to see your missionaries? - OK, so here's a quick update on the week! It was fantastic to see the other missionaries - I love these specialized trainings. We traveled safely and without problems - Tuesday night we drove to Olomouc, Wednesday we drove to Zilina, Thursday to Brno, and Friday afternoon it was back to Praha. We were blessed to find another amazing investigator. He said his first prayer with us and told us openly that he felt the Spirit, something he'd never felt before that he really liked. I know that the Lord answers prayers and that he had felt His love.
The pictures are of my favorite experiences from the
week. We had a lot of time on the road but this weekend was amazing. We
had the privilege of being a Czech Elder's first companions and to see
him off at the airport this morning. He is from Brno and will be
serving a 2 year mission at the MTC . It
was wonderful to see him feel the spirit of his calling - he said he
could feel a difference in the car ride back from Brno to Praha.
The other experience was the other pictures - this
is a 19-year-old golden ray
of Indonesian sunshine! She referred herself to the sisters here in
Prague and she loves the gospel. I got to know her over the past 2 weeks
she's been here and she asked me to baptize her today. She is an
amazing girl and is so excited to be a member. The spirit was so strong
at her baptism and it was a beautiful service. She was so excited
and is so sensitive to the spirit. One of our new members gave a talk at the
baptism and it was just a wonderful moment for me. It's amazing to think
that it's almost been a year since she was baptized. So much has
happened in this year and yet it seems to have gone by so fast. Anyways,
when we went down to the baptismal font, this sister was so excited and as
we stood in the water she was overcome by the spirit and got emotional.
The baptism went perfectly and afterwards we walked out of the font
together and she just hugged the sisters and cried tears of joy and of
the spirit. She is a really special young woman and will be an amazing
member. I just know how much the gospel will change her life for the
better forever. Afterwards she gave the most beautiful testimony, how
grateful she is that she found the gospel and that it was restored. She
had searched all over at many churches for the truth and bore testimony
of how glad she was that she found the place that felt like home, that
felt like family. It reminded me of your comment, Tata, when you visited
Temple Square - you felt like you'd come home.
Isn't the gospel the best?
I
love being here. I'm looking forward to this last week of the transfer.
Pray for our new members and investigators especially this week. I love you all
and am grateful for your love and prayers. You are ever in my prayers.
S laskou,
Starsi Mullen
No comments:
Post a Comment