Wow, what a fun day you had yesterday! Thanks so much for the pictures and for filling me in! Landon is such a cutie - and he's getting so big! Wow - apparently time there is flying as fast as it is here. But how wonderful it is. I love being here - you love being there - and we all love each other. Life is good.
And certainly tomorrow will be a wonderful day! I am so
looking forward to it - it'll be a wonderful 45 minutes I'll get to
share with all of those who mean the most to me. As far as content of
the call goes, I'll prepare a couple things to fill you in on, but be
sure to ask away on questions! I also would like to be sure to answer
some of Chris and Jenna's questions if they have any. And of course I
want to wish my FAVORITE Marmee a very happy Mothers' Day.
So I'll answer some questions and go straight into a couple things from this week!
1.This will probably be our last email for a Saturday...is that right? Will we go back to Monday emails? We assume that we won't hear from you email wise until a week from Monday as this will be transfer week. If it is any different can you let us know? - We will go back to Monday emails, but because next Wednesday is transfer day it is P-day for all the mission except the office, which means that I will be emailing AGAIN next wednesday, then the next monday. From then on it should be normal. So yeah, this is going to be a SUPER bonus week of communication with you guys haha!
2. How are you feeling about leaving the office? Do you have any idea where you are headed? Seems like you just moved didn't you? - I'm gonna miss the office, not gonna lie. But it'll be OK - I'm excited for a change as well. I have no idea where I'm headed except that I'm headed somewhere not in Prague haha. President Irwin told me today that he will tell me, however, before our call tomorrow, so I'll be calling in with some exciting news right off the press, so to speak! It is amazing, though, how time flies. In some ways, I feel like I've been here for ages, but in other like only for a blink.
3. We made contact with Elder Meiling's mom. They do live in Encinitas close to the Johnson's and know some of the people we used to know down there. Very fun connection and very small world. They said they are coming to pick James up at the end of his mission and they are very excited. - I heard! Elder Meiling's mom actually emailed him your email conversation, so I got to read it today on the train to Karlštejn (Carl-sh-tine) for our Pday vylet (tell you more later on in the email). What a small world we live in!
4. Do you know where Elder Meiling will be assigned next? How long has he been an AP? Lots of times mission presidents will send their ap's out to the field for the last transfer of their mission...just wondered if that was the case here. - I'm pretty sure he'll stay as AP, even though he's been one already 2.5 transfers, since Elder Nichol MUST go back to Slovakia because of Visa restrictions. But you never know, President is full of surprises!
5. How are you feeling about leaving your investigators? It seems as though you and Elder Gleue have meshed so they will be in good hands and that helps to reassure you. Please give her our love and her friend too. - This is the bummer part. I'm gonna miss these people so, so much. They and so, so many others will just have to carry on without me! That's the best part, though, that everything will carry on without me. I wouldn't have it any other way. They're preparing for a temple trip on the 2nd of June, which is AWESOME! I think I've made a positive impact in both big and little ways, which is reassuring and confirmation for me that my time here was a success. I will be sure to pass along the love and greetings.
6. Any progress this week with your other investigators? - One of our investigators continues to come to church every Sunday, but is still hesitant to meet during the week. We keep phone contact, but not much new. He'll be coming to church, tomorrow, though! Another came to church last week and really enjoyed it, but unfortunately he couldn't meet all week because of his work. He works crazy hours, but he is coming to church tomorrow.
7. Do you know who will be replacing you? They will get that phone call just like you did and what a great experience began with that sweet phone call from President Irwin to come and be the office manager. Sweet stuff. - I DO know who will be replacing me, but I'm not supposed to tell until tomorrow - so I'll tell you in the phone call haha! But yeah, what a truly sweet experience this has been. What I have learned and experienced here will have repercussions on my entire life. I've loved every minute.
So yes, tomorrow is the call! As I said, I will be sure to have some stuff to say, but I want to be sure that I get to answer your questions and just talk. Marmee will be for sure the star, since it is her day after all haha. But it truly is a day for all of us - how exciting it will be to speak with my favorite Marmee, Táta, Christer, Jenna, and Landon on the whole planet!
1.This will probably be our last email for a Saturday...is that right? Will we go back to Monday emails? We assume that we won't hear from you email wise until a week from Monday as this will be transfer week. If it is any different can you let us know? - We will go back to Monday emails, but because next Wednesday is transfer day it is P-day for all the mission except the office, which means that I will be emailing AGAIN next wednesday, then the next monday. From then on it should be normal. So yeah, this is going to be a SUPER bonus week of communication with you guys haha!
2. How are you feeling about leaving the office? Do you have any idea where you are headed? Seems like you just moved didn't you? - I'm gonna miss the office, not gonna lie. But it'll be OK - I'm excited for a change as well. I have no idea where I'm headed except that I'm headed somewhere not in Prague haha. President Irwin told me today that he will tell me, however, before our call tomorrow, so I'll be calling in with some exciting news right off the press, so to speak! It is amazing, though, how time flies. In some ways, I feel like I've been here for ages, but in other like only for a blink.
3. We made contact with Elder Meiling's mom. They do live in Encinitas close to the Johnson's and know some of the people we used to know down there. Very fun connection and very small world. They said they are coming to pick James up at the end of his mission and they are very excited. - I heard! Elder Meiling's mom actually emailed him your email conversation, so I got to read it today on the train to Karlštejn (Carl-sh-tine) for our Pday vylet (tell you more later on in the email). What a small world we live in!
4. Do you know where Elder Meiling will be assigned next? How long has he been an AP? Lots of times mission presidents will send their ap's out to the field for the last transfer of their mission...just wondered if that was the case here. - I'm pretty sure he'll stay as AP, even though he's been one already 2.5 transfers, since Elder Nichol MUST go back to Slovakia because of Visa restrictions. But you never know, President is full of surprises!
5. How are you feeling about leaving your investigators? It seems as though you and Elder Gleue have meshed so they will be in good hands and that helps to reassure you. Please give her our love and her friend too. - This is the bummer part. I'm gonna miss these people so, so much. They and so, so many others will just have to carry on without me! That's the best part, though, that everything will carry on without me. I wouldn't have it any other way. They're preparing for a temple trip on the 2nd of June, which is AWESOME! I think I've made a positive impact in both big and little ways, which is reassuring and confirmation for me that my time here was a success. I will be sure to pass along the love and greetings.
6. Any progress this week with your other investigators? - One of our investigators continues to come to church every Sunday, but is still hesitant to meet during the week. We keep phone contact, but not much new. He'll be coming to church, tomorrow, though! Another came to church last week and really enjoyed it, but unfortunately he couldn't meet all week because of his work. He works crazy hours, but he is coming to church tomorrow.
7. Do you know who will be replacing you? They will get that phone call just like you did and what a great experience began with that sweet phone call from President Irwin to come and be the office manager. Sweet stuff. - I DO know who will be replacing me, but I'm not supposed to tell until tomorrow - so I'll tell you in the phone call haha! But yeah, what a truly sweet experience this has been. What I have learned and experienced here will have repercussions on my entire life. I've loved every minute.
So yes, tomorrow is the call! As I said, I will be sure to have some stuff to say, but I want to be sure that I get to answer your questions and just talk. Marmee will be for sure the star, since it is her day after all haha. But it truly is a day for all of us - how exciting it will be to speak with my favorite Marmee, Táta, Christer, Jenna, and Landon on the whole planet!
We
had a super fun vylet (vee-let) today to Karlštejn castle, which was
amazing. It was like a fairy tale, Lord of the Rings type castle. I'll
send some pictures! 8 of us went and it was a blast!
So
in order for me to send some pictures, I'm gonna have to end this email
a little early. But know that all good things are happening, and that I
can only expect good things to come as I continue to do the Lord's
will. The church is true, and I love you! I so look forward to 17.00
tomorrow! Talk to you soon!
S láskou,
Starší Mullen
No comments:
Post a Comment