Mission Address (use exact wording below for letters)

Mission Address

(use exact address below for letters -

packages require a different address)

Církev Ježíše Krista Svatých posledních dnů

Elder Joseph Mullen

Badeniho 1

160 00 Praha 6

Czech Republic Europe

Monday, June 4, 2012

The Church is so True

May 27, 2012


Wow, what a fun email to read! I love hearing about all the random and wonderful happenings there in GB! Please congratulate Michael for me - I'm sure it was a beautiful open house. Sometimes we just gotta wait for good things to come, huh? The trip to Boston sounds like so much fun - I'll look forward to getting some pictures soon! And way to go for cleaning the house! Congrats on that haha - takes lots of will power, huh?

Please send a special message of love and misses to Aunt Cori from me - She is especially in my thoughts and prayers. Wish I could be there to play a round of clue with you, too, Aunt Cori! But I'll send you lots of prayers in Czech and we'll take a rain check on the clue game. Love you!

Please send my best to Trisha - how exciting for her! That will be wonderful for her. Congrats, Trisha!

Also, send a quick shoutout to Elise! I've been meaning to write her, also - sure do miss my lindy family!!! But its all good.

K, now for some answers!
1.  Can you tell us where your church building is?  The church building is right across the street from the Billa and has a hedge and parking lot in front and a basketball court out back. Hopefully you can find it!

2.  How are you liking your new area?  We're so excited for our area - there's a lot of potential buliding up and we're praying that it'll just explode!!! 

3.  How is your new calling as zone leader?  It's way cool! haha. Our zone leader training was focused on nightly planning according to Preach My Gospel. It was good and well received.

4.  What type of phones do you have and do you have gps in your car?  We have a blackberry type phone here, which is way nice, and yes we do have a GPS - phew! 

5.  What is the Brno branch like?  I love the members here - there are so many wonderful youth and families here. I've realized more and more here on the mission how vital the family is in church and in eternity. In the family is that support system that will help each person stay on the straight and narrow. And I just love looking around on Sunday and seeing so many families happy in the gospel.

6.  Share your favorite missionary moment of the week...My missionary moment of the week - a cool quick one - we planned to do building tours yesterday so we were walking around the blocks near the building and trying to invite people inside to show what its like and teach them. We were met with very little receptiveness. So after the time we planned for doing that, we head back to the car and go home for studies in the afternoon, when Elder Buhler said "let's just check the building to make sure it's all in order." We go to check it (which we rarely do) and as we round the corner to the entrance, there in front of the door is sitting a less-active member who hasn't been around for about 5 months. We sat with him and talked about life and his testimony. It was just so perfect. I know that the Lord leads us to where we need to be, even if we don't know why we need to be there.

So yeah, quite the week. I must go now, but know that I love you so much! I'll try to send pictures if I don't run out of time!

The church is so true!

S laskou,
Starsi Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment