Ahoj, rodino!
I've decided that I think I'll still say ahoj and čau even when I return. I like saying them a lot and you do say them a LOT here.
This week was wonderful and we saw many miracles (see later on). I hope that all will go well in Utah - How wonderful it is to help out family! The family truly is the most solid social unit if established on righteous principles. Please give Libs and Gram and Sherry all my love. I love you all, family!
Wow, please send my best wishes to Katie McGeezie (she'll know where the last name came from - still remember dancing in the celebration!), who now isn't named McGeezie any more! We'll have to think up a different name!
I'm so glad that you had the opportunity to get to know the missionaries better. Love each one who comes into the ward with all your heart - that's always the best. I love coming into a branch and having everyone just love you and be excited for you to be there. If you're able to time wise, offer them to be able to teach with you and give them a rough idea of times in the week you'd be available - that helps me so, so much when members are proactive and want to teach! It is a wonderful experience and both of you are wonderful teachers (you taught me alright haha!), so I'm sure your help would be much appreciated! Just an idea from your missionary son if you're available to do it.
So here are a couple answers to your questions!
1. How was your zone leader training? Anything new? - The training went well! We focused on giving concise commitments and it went really well. We began the training by having 2 missionaries come up - Elder Gabrielsen did a very comical description of the desirability and lucious taste of a chocolate bar and promised blessings for the missionary who would eat such delicious chocolate and went on and on trying to make the chocolate sound as good as possible, finally giving him the chocolate bar. Then, afterwards, I simply said to the other missionary "This is my favorite chocolate and I know that you will like it also. Will you please accept this chocolate bar?" It was a comical way of making the point that many times in lessons we take up time with a lot of fluff instead of just inviting people to try it out for themselves, since that is how they'll gain a testimony. It was well received!
2. How are you and Starsi Gabrielsen getting along? Pretty fun to be together again? - We get along absolutely great. Elder Gabrielsen is a workhorse and a wonderful, funny missionary. Quite honestly every day is a fun one - there's always some situation or lesson or other thing that brings surprises and we enjoy them together. I'm looking forward to the rest of the transfer with him.
We did have some amazing miracles this week, as I mentioned above. We had the most amazing lesson with an investigator last week. We had planned for him earlier and had felt prompted to share Helaman 5:12, and we had a good lesson plan to teach more about the restoration. He came to the lesson with his friend and comes into the building...wearing all white. We asked him 'what are you wearing white for?" and he said "it's just hot." So we inwardly (and a little outwardly) smiled and told him he looked good. We started talking and it comes out that these last couple days are some of the worst he's had because of many different reasons. We began teaching him about something we didn't have on plan and followed the Spirit. But then, part way through the lesson, we felt prompted to read Helaman 5:12 with him - so we did. As he was reading it, he stopped a couple times and just smiled or laughed to himself and after he finished reading it said it was a beautiful verse and was perfect for him. He asked how he could have such a strong foundation - that golden question opened it up for us to testify of the BoM, prayer, and church, and baptism. He accepted it all and is working towards a baptismal date. We're so excited for him.
Another quick miracle this week - we taught a couple that a member from the branch referred to us. We hadn't had a lesson with the husband for about a month or so and we sat down and asked how much he or they had read in the book of mormon. His wife, Hanna, pulled it out and he held it and said "celou. dvakrat." (that means "the whole thing. twice.") I smiled so big and was just in shock. They are strong christians and have many questions about the BoM - they have made notes throughout the entire book of things they have questions on and want answers. We're going to try to set up skype lessons for them with Vietnamese missionaries. The Lord truly does prepare people and loves all his children!
I have a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon. Watch Tad R Callister's talk from last general conference titled "The Book of Mormon, a book from God" - I too have read every page and know it is of God. I love you all and am so grateful to be a missionary!
S laskou,
Starsi Mullen
No comments:
Post a Comment