Mission Address (use exact wording below for letters)

Mission Address

(use exact address below for letters -

packages require a different address)

Církev Ježíše Krista Svatých posledních dnů

Elder Joseph Mullen

Badeniho 1

160 00 Praha 6

Czech Republic Europe

Saturday, September 15, 2012

August 5, 2012

Hello, my dearest family!

How excited I am to be emailing you. 

Thank you for your honest assesment on how everything is going with Gram. This last fast Sunday I was prompted to fast for Gram and Cinny, and I'm so glad I did. How I love my Gram. I will be praying ever fervently for her this week. Please give her a kiss and gentle hug from her favorite Elder Handsome Brute. You know me, I always want to give one more kiss to my favorite Gram!

The email both of you sent this week really touched me in many ways. Thank you for it. How grateful I am, Marmee, that you fell in love with that Gospel Doctrine teacher of yours, and how grateful I am, Tata, that you taught so well to impress her haha. I love you both so much.

Answers of the week
1.  Tell us about your branch...Are you loving getting to know them? - the branch is wonderful! This last week there was the annual YSA conference, this year in Hungary. We heard it was absolutely wonderful and had a great turnout. All the YSA who went came back and bore their testimonies at church on Sunday, and what a powerful meeting it was! It was so cool - as soon as Bratr Cano (2nd counsellor in branch presidency) turned the time over to the congregation, all the YSA stood up almost simultaneously and sat at the front on the stand in a line waiting to bear their testimonies. What a sight it was! Elder Gabrielsen commented at how cool it was to hear the testimonies of the future of the church here in Brno and the Czech Republic. I love the members here.

2.  When will your next trip to Prague be? - No trips to Prague planned in the near future, in fact not even on plan this transfer. But that's ok - I like Brno!

3.  How are the missionaries in your zone doing?  Are you all experiencing some success in teaching? - The missionaries are doing well, I wish I had all the time I'd like to tell you a little about each one, but alas as I am writing this sentance I only have 6 minutes left! But there are miracles happening in every area, both big and small, which moves the work forward with excitement.

4.  Tell us your favorite missionary experiences of the week... - this week we made some wonderful progress in meeting with one of our investigators who is truly seeking the peace of the gospel in his life. He came to church yesterday, and really enjoyed it. We met briefly before he left and are setting up 3 lessons this week, which will help him immensely. I love the power the Gospel of Jesus CHrist has to bring peace into our hearts and minds and change us all for the better.

We also had a lesson last week with a former investigator from Ukraine. He is wonderful, though, and is really a "dry mormon". We have another lesson set up with him in an hour or so, so we're excited for that!

5.  Are your garments and shirts holding up okay?  How about socks?  Is there anything we can send you? - nope, everything still holding up well! thanks though!

So sorry, I'm out of time, but know that I love you all, especially you, Gram! Have a wonderful week, and I will too!

S laskou,
Starsi Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment