Mission Address (use exact wording below for letters)

Mission Address

(use exact address below for letters -

packages require a different address)

Církev Ježíše Krista Svatých posledních dnů

Elder Joseph Mullen

Badeniho 1

160 00 Praha 6

Czech Republic Europe

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Come Thou Font of Every Blessing

August 19, 2012
 
Hello, my favorite family ever!
Wow, what a family gathering! How wonderful family is. Know that although I cannot be there in person, I am there in spirit - not in a distracted-missionary kind of way, but in the way that love for your close ones has no boundaries. My endless love to Gram and to all there. Come thou fount is one of the favorite hymns here, it's in the hymnbook and is a beautiful translation - it's called "Prameni vsech pozehnani" (The fount of all blessings, Prah-men-knee fsh-ehh poe-zheh-nah-knee). I'll have to sing it to you all one day.

How crazy that Emmett is now Brother Florence - it must be a very mixed feeling, but how happy I am for him! And now Elder Whiting coming home?! Wow, where did that time go? Crazy. I'm so glad I can still be here in the Czech republic, serving the people of Brno. Not that I wouldn't love to see you all, but everything has its time and season and this is a season for missionary work. Other seasons will come, but I am determined to make this season the most enjoyable and rewarding possible.
 
So here are some scintillating answers haha!
 
1. Is your baptism still on for the 25th? Any others scheduled in your zone.? - Our investigator is doing great, although he most likely will not make this Saturday for baptism. So we're praying for him to just keep going. He came again to church yesterday and it was wonderful. We're meeting with him tonight to teach all the 10 commandments and talk about the Book of Mormon and how central of a role it plays in our conversion to the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. There are currently 10 baptisms planned in our zone in the next month and a half, so we're praying for each of them to be able to make the progress and the change necessary to take that step of faith. We're excited for them.
 
2. Tell us about your week. Have you had any teaching experiences that you can share? - We have some awesome ones this week! We've been booming as far as teaching goes - now 2 weeks in a row we've taught 18 lessons, which is close to the highest I've ever taught on my mission. I feel so blessed to be able to work here in Brno in this area at this time. We started teaching some wonderful people.  One of our investigators has been reading the Book of Mormon and we're excited to talk with her about it tonight. We also got to teach another couple! They are doing great and have great questions about the Book of Mormon. In his broken Czech, our investigator was able to explain that they found that all the Book of Mormon agrees with the Bible except for a few questions they want answered (mainly questions in 2 Nephi) - but they are so wonderful and we're super excited for them to meet with missionaries from their home country through skype. Let's see, what else...we also had a great lesson with a Ukranian investigator, and he came to church! It was so cool, the entire branch was so happy to see him again and almost everybody knows him. He is wonderful. We also had a new investigator come to church this week! She is wonderful - she's a little older and is raising her 2 granddaughters who came with her to church! They are so cute and we're super excited for them. They loved church and said they're coming next week early to get a building tour before church. So we truly have been blessed this week - how I love missionary work!
 
3. What have you been studying in you personal and companionship study time? Any insights or thoughts you can share with us? - I've been studying in 1 Nefi and the importance of doing what the Lord wants. The Lord's will is set, and if He wills something to happen through us, it will happen if we are willing. Nephi was able to build a boat and do the seemingly impossible not just because he was amazing, though he surely was. It was because the Lord commanded it to happen, so he was able to make it happen. What inspiration that is to me and to all of us - we are not called to fail. We are called to succeed, and though we will have trials, what the Lord promises, He fulfills. How I love the scriptures!
 

So yes, hope that gives you a little taste of what's going on in Brno. I love you ALL and pray for you often. Miracles are happening in the Czech Republic. Just on Sunday we sustained the first Czech brother, Bratr Podlipany, who will receive the sealing power of the priesthood. This is so wonderful - he will be able to perform marriages and sealings in Freiburg for the members in the Czech temple weeks, instead of it just being in German or English. How excited we are for the church here. I love this work and these people, and I sure love you. Know that I am happy and healthy and well.

If possible, give my Gram another kiss - you know how much I love giving one more kiss for my Gram. Love you, Gram!

I love you all!
S laskou,
Starsi Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment