August 12, 2012
Ahoj,
Rodino!
So
this week was absolutely amazing! We taught so much and made a lot of progress
with our investigators, which is such a blessing. Elder Gabrielsen and I are
truly seeing lots of little miracles in this work.
Thank
you for the update about Gram - I will be praying for her and all of you at
home. I've come to realize that prayer is a lot more about changing us than
pleading for Heavenly Father to somehow change His mind. I know that whatever he
has in store for my Gram is exactly what needs to happen, and my prayers are
just to help my will to become His (see "Prayer" in the bible dictionary, it's
wonderful!). But how I do love that Gram! Please give her a hug and kiss from
her favorite handsome brute of a grandson.
And
Chris and Jenna, how fun to hear you enjoyed yourself! How I do love game nights
- so much joy and fun to be had in our families. Congrats, Christers, on your 4
also! You so totally rock, and I am so lucky to call you and Jenna my siblings.
Elder Gabrielsen and I have started contacting more on families and I carry around the
family portrait of all of us in central park to show people. Everyone says that
we look like twins, that Jenna is beautiful and that Landon is so cute. I have
to agree!
So
anyways, here are some quick answers:
1)
What are you loving to eat lately? Do you still go to restaurants for lunch? -
With Elder Gabrielsen I am eating a lot more "natural" and we enjoy cooking - we
make lots of vegetables and occasionally I'll pan fry up some chicken or ground
beef with some spices. Like I said, you can get almost everything here in the
supermarkets (our favorites are Kaufland, Tesco, and Billa) and it is delicious.
We occasionally will go to a restaurant for lunch or dinner, but most times to
save time we will just go to Billa, which is across the street from the
building, and pick up some fresh bread, yogurt, deli meat, cheese, and fruits
and make a dinner out of that. Yummers!
2)
How does the Brno branch differ from Prague or is it very similar in strength?
Are there any Americans in your branch? - It is very similar in strength, there
are lots of absolutely amazing families, but strangely only a couple Americans
(I can think of 2 off the top of my head), so I guess it is a more purely Czech
branch. It is wonderful!
3)
Are you the only two elders assigned to the Brno branch? Where do the others in
your zone go to church? - No, sorry for not explaining earlier, but Brno is the
second biggest city in the mission! There are 4 companionships in Brno (3 elder
comps and a trio of sisters), along with the Martinovi, so we are quite large
and have a blast together! Bratislava is the same, all of the missionaries in
the district in the same city and going to the same branch. Go Brno
zone!
4)
What will you be teaching about next in Zone Conference? - We will be teaching
more about how to make teaching become a mindset, since oftentimes when street
contacting missionaries will just try to set up meetings instead of just
teaching the person the gospel right on the spot! So we're gonna plan a good
training based on Preach My Gospel and hope it will go well.
5)
What have you done on your p days the last couple of weeks? Any pictures? -
Sorry, I haven't been as good at taking pictures at random times - in the white
handbook it tells us to avoid taking pictures in proselyting clothes to avoid
looking like a tourist, so I haven't been taking very many. But I'll try to
snapshot a few cool moments to send home!
6)
Obviously, how are your investigators coming along and is the baptism still on?
- So our investigators are doing great! One of them is doing so great and is going on
all cylinders to learn about the gospel, so to speak. He came to church for all
3 hours yesterday and loved it, so we're super excited for him. We're looking
forward to another great week with him and pray that he will continue to receive
answers to his prayers. We also will be having a lesson with two other investigators tonight after Family Home
Evening, or Rodinny Domaci Vecer (road-dean-ee Dome-ah-tsee Vech-air), which
we're really looking forward to! Other than that, we had some wonderful first
lessons with new investigators last week, so we're super excited. We taught 18
lessons last week and this week we're going for even more. The work is moving in
Brno!
Thanks again for all your love. I received 5 letters in a bundle recently from Marmee and Tata, along with the box - thank you thank you thank you! And what a cool pen, Tata! It's absolutely beautiful.
I
know that the gospel is true and that Heavenly Father is mindful of all of us.
How wonderful it is to be one of his missionaries!
I
love you will all my heart and look forward to writing next week.
S
laskou,
Starsi
Mullen
No comments:
Post a Comment