Feb 10, 2012
Hi there, family! It's crazy to me that another week has passed - time is truly flying. It's just absolutely preposterous for me to think that this transfer is over half-way over. But I am enjoying being here in Prague and am loving the office and being able to still proselyte.
Thanks for sending a couple questions to answer - it kind of helps get the juices flowing of what I can tell you about my week. Plus, I want to be sure that you know what you'd like about the wonderful country where I'm serving.
Tata, I realized that I never answered your question about the podravka! Yes, It's put on pretty much anything haha. I like it especially on halusky (huh-loosh-key), which is a Slovakian gnocci, pasta, soups, and basically anything savory. If I'd put salt on it, I'd put podravka on it!
So now for the questions!
1. What's the weather like in Prague? Do you have much snow? - The weather in Prague is definitely colder but is really not bad. There have only been a couple times that I think I felt colder than I did in Provo. There is some snow on the ground now - we had a nice snowfall 2 nights ago and the residual is still left. But the sun is shining now! I can't really complain about weather.
2. What's your apartment like? Are you warm enough? Do you have a functional kitchen? - Our apartment is quite small here - it's not as nice as the Olomouc apartment, but when I hear about the kinds of apartments that some of my other friends on missions get to live in, I can't complain haha. But we are actually in the process of finding a new apartment for the Office Elders - the switch should take place at the beginning of April, which will be still while I am here! It's kind of crazy to think that I already know what will happen next transfer for me - the security of knowing is actually comforting, although I think I will miss the surprise of finding out at transfers haha.
3. Have you spoken to either the Erbovi or to Starsi Buhler about how your investigators are there in Olomouc? I know how much you loved those people. - I have actually gotten to speak with them some, and things are going OK - they still are meeting with three of our investigators as far as I know. They also are teaching a girl Elder Buhler and I found my last week from Honduras, and apparently she is way cool. She told us in the contact that missionaries visited and taught her family when she was younger. Not sure exactly on her progress, but cool to see! I still pray for and love all those people in Olomouc. I think it will always be a city close to my heart.
4. Are all your MTC bunch still doing OK? - as far as I know, yes! I actually get to talk to them all more than before because I'm always calling up companionships to figure out distribution orders and random problems throughout the mission. Elder Coleman (who I replaced) said that usually Office Elders have a talking withdrawal after leaving because missionaries don't call me as much haha. We'll see- still have three or more months left in the office and I'm determined to enjoy them all.
Another wonderful thing that happened this week is that one of our investigators came to church! It was a wonderful experience for her and she met some wonderful people in the branch. She felt the spirit again, took notes in Sunday school about the Book of Mormon, and told us she was glad she could be there. Really her only concern is distance and family support - please pray for her. Earlier this week she pinched a nerve between her spine in her neck - OUCH! I texted her how that had happened to you, Marmee, and that I knew how painful it must be. So she won't be there tomorrow for church, but hopes to continue next week.
We also started teaching another awesome new investigator this week. He is from Ukraine but is working and living here for the time being. He's 26 and is just so prepared to hear the gospel. We actually got in contact with him by going through the former investigator book - we had a first lesson with him about the restoration and he totally accepted it. He accepted a baptismal date for March 10 and is willing to prepare himself for that day. He's coming to church this Sunday, too, which will be great. Please pray for him to continue on the awesome path of progress he set this last week.
One quick request - could you send a bunch of envelopes for the stationary I have? I have plenty of stationary paper, but am all out of envelopes. And did you get to send off the Adobe Suite? Just curious - you know me!
So the work moves on! We are going as a district with a bunch of members to play indoor soccer today which should be very fun. I love working in the office here along with keeping a proselyting area that has people preparing for baptism. This work is truly a marvelous work and a wonder! I was inspired yesterday by a talk from last conference from Saturday Morning about the church being a stone cut out of the mountain. I am just so excited to see the day when the work explodes here in the Czech and Slovak Republics. It was amazing to read how in the 1920's, when South America was dedicated for the preaching of the gospel, there were a handful of members. That is how I feel it is here sometimes - a handful of faithful, amazing members. But look at what the Lord, along with a lot of vision and hard work from a lot of people, could do in 70 years on that continent. Missionaries have only been back in Czech for about 20 years - I'm just so excited to be laying a foundation for growth here. That's what Elder Causse said about the mission - we have laid an amazing foundation for growth. Now it's time for the growth.
I love this gospel and this wonderful, wonderful work!
S laskou,
Starsi Mullen
No comments:
Post a Comment