Hello from Prague! Sometimes I just can't believe that I am serving here. Yesterday, we were sitting in on a lesson with a recent convert - he was taught by Chinese speaking missionaries in the London South mission through skype. We were just there as he was being taught, and I thought "wow, that's quite a language to learn!" Then I had to make a quick call to set up an appointment, so I stepped out and talked to this guy in Czech...then it just kind of hit me that the language that I'm speaking is really quite a language to learn, too! I consider it a complete miracle of our Heavenly Father that we as missionaries can learn this language so fast through the gift of tongues. I know that miracles do exist!
It is cold here, but it's really not that bad. What we heard is right in that the weather is really just like Provo - although I have to say I am excited for warmer climates! People here always ask me "aren't you cold?" and I say "meh, I'm always cold - I'm from California!" People here love California - they just think that it is paradise on earth. I tell them it is haha. But how I do love Prague!!!
So wish I could be there to help you with this transition into the computer system in the office, but I'm glad Aunt Sue came to the rescue! I'll be sure to pray for the transition to go as smooth as possible. It's kind of like the plan of salvation - sometimes we gotta go through hard times to get to better times.
Chris and Jenna sent me a video of Landon walking last week - holy hannah! (that one's for you, Brittney haha) How crazy is that? He is just such a cute little boy though and just seems like a very energetic, curious little penguin. Sure do love that little guy! Sounds like you had a great time with Lizzie and Tyler too - I'm so, so glad we have those videos. It sounds like the decorating was a blast..."I am like a star shining brightlyyyyyyyyyyyy" haha. You know how much I love home-movies!
So this week was great! Last Saturday, I forgot to tell you that an awesome guy who I taught for a bit in the trio in Olomouc, was baptized last week! Elder Rhodes said it was a wonderful baptism and everything turned out great. He is the boyfriend of the Branch President's daughter in Zlín, and is just an awesome kid. He will be such a strength for the branch there.
Another way cool thing from last week actually came as news from Plzeň - I and Elder Dietrich had contacted this guy while waiting in line to pull out money at a bankomat (ATM machine). I talked to him over the phone and he said that he lives in Plzeň and just doesn't have the money to come into Prague for meetings. So I asked him if I could give his number to missionaries in Plzeň to meet with them, and he said he'd love to. Come last Sunday, I found out that not only did they have a lesson with him last Saturday, but he now has a baptismal date and came to church. It's amazing - they said that he had met missionaries in the past and had a couple run-ins with the church, but never really acted upon it. This time, he said, he didn't want to let the opportunity pass again. The Lord does prepare people to receive the message of the restored Gospel, and how grateful I am to be a part of that. We are ALL enlisted til the conflict is o'er, and the conflict isn't o'er yet! I'm just glad I can see fruits in every part of the work, be it finding or teaching.
We also had the lesson with another investigator last Wednesday, which was so good! She is so prepared for the message - she wants to come to church next Sunday, and we are invited over to teach her at her house on Monday! It's pretty big here to get invited over to somebody's house, especially if they are a non-member. The home is a pretty private place for most Czechs, and to invite someone into that private place is relatively unusual - so we're taking this as a good sign that she trusts us and wants to learn from us. I'm so excited to continue to meet with her - she is so special. Please pray for her!
We also had another lesson this week with another investigator which went quite well. Distance is still a problem, as is a lack of support from home. But she has felt the spirit and joy of the gospel and is so ready to hear it. We postponed her baptism until the 10th because of lack of meeting time, but we pray that she will have the courage and strength, and eventually support, to endure to the end.
One last quick story! We had a lesson last week with a way cool guy at an awesome member's house. He is a professional trumpet player from Philly and has lived in Prague for the past almost 5 years. I talked to him in the metro after hearing him speak English in a phone call and we set up. The member is an awesome Young Single Adult here with a wonderful testimony and the lesson went very well. He is 26 and is open to learning all he can about the gospel. His only concern is joining an organized religion, because he's more for developing his own ideas. But we taught him the restoration and he said it made sense, that he'd read the Book of Mormon, and that if he felt it were true he would get baptized. He said that he can't meet very often, but we are praying that the Book of Mormon will touch his heart and that he will feel that desire to move further.
I love this gospel and message of happiness so much. I'm grateful for all of you and all you do for me. Your prayers and love are so much appreciated. Be sure to tell Amanda and the kids all hi for me!
S láskou,
Starší Mullen
No comments:
Post a Comment