Mission Address (use exact wording below for letters)

Mission Address

(use exact address below for letters -

packages require a different address)

Církev Ježíše Krista Svatých posledních dnů

Elder Joseph Mullen

Badeniho 1

160 00 Praha 6

Czech Republic Europe

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Happy Easter!!

April 7, 2012



Hi there, family!

So I'm emailing late tonight because we were on a little road trip for the past 2 days! So sorry - so we went to Brno to switch all of the winter tires out for summer ones while all the Zone leaders were in Zone leader council. It was very fun being there as the Erbs came up and helped us out with all the tire changes. They are so great and it was very fun to catch up with them and all the happenings of Olomouc. So then after the Tire switch in Brno was all done we headed off to Ostrava!!! (the three exclamation points is a big Ostrava thing haha - it's kind of like one of their trademarks) for a baptism. A young guy who Elder Gleue taught for a while got baptized today and it was a wonderful service. He will be a great strength there in the Ostrava branch. So then it was back in the car and back to Prague! Lots of driving in 2 days haha.

So now for a few answers and then I'll go at it:
1.  Are you invited somewhere for Easter dinner?  Any traditions that are different in the Czech Republic when it comes to this holiday? - We're going over to the Bohne's for Easter, which will be wonderful. The main different tradition is the Easter whipping (look it up online) - which we aren't doing. It's not considered inappropriate for people to do it here, but for missionaries it's a little out of hand. So we're forgoing the whipping this year (although I have still memorized the song haha)

2.  Did you get our Easter package?  Hopefully you did and there was plenty to share. - Yes, and there's still plenty to go around - the office loves it!

3.  What was your spiritual highlight this week? - Spiritual highlight was definitely planning our investigator's baptism. We had 3 lessons with her and all went wonderfully. It is so cool to hear her bear her testimony now. We taught her tithing and law of the fast, just to find out that she fasted last week on fast sunday without us teaching it and already has an envelope with "CJK" on it for tithing and offerings. We went over the baptismal interview questions with her and she is ready. Her testimony of the church is so awesome and strong, especially for someone who came in contact with the church a little over a month ago. We planned out her baptismal program (she's picking out all the people she wants involved) and she asked me if I would baptize her. Wow - I'm humbled for sure. I pray for her to have the strength to endure as she has begun her journey. We'll be holding her baptismal service next Saturday at 7:00 pm and I am so excited. She has so many friends in the branch and is truly being changed for good by the Gospel. It's amazing to see.

4.  We assume you will watch conference this weekend...we especially loved Elder Hollands and the first Presidency talks...really really great conference...will be interested to see what you pick up as a theme.  We wrote about our feelings in our letters to you this week.  They should get there soon.  Look for David Archeleta in the MTC choir...he is going to Santiago Chile mission. - We watched almost 2 full sessions in Ostrava before the baptism, and it's so cool - there is a sister missionary from here in the MTC and we also saw her in the choir! She is from Prague and we visit her family often. So cool! So far I've noticed a strong family theme - we'll see what else I pick up on tomorrow.

5.  How was the baptism?  Was it so amazing to see your recent convert exercising his priesthood?  You should feel so good about what you are achieving in your mission. - the baptism was great. Our current investigator was there along with so many of the people I love from Plzeň.  It was so cool to see the tears in her eyes from the spirit after the meeting. How cool, though, to already see the work spread on and move forward.

6.  We got a such a wonderful email from Sister Bohne.  She thinks you are an amazing missionary and she loved her birthday surprise you and Starsi Gleue gave her.  She sent us a couple pictures which we loved.  You look so good Joseph...and so happy. - K, so this isn't really a question, but that's ok - I still love you! I also love Sister Bohne - she is the light of the office. I'm glad you liked the pictures!

So yeah, we're moving forward this week looking towards Saturday and every awesome day in between. Sorry I have less time to get this off to you, but we must get home to plan and bed! The church is true, and Christ lives! Love you so much!

S laskou,
Starsi Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment