Hello, family!!!
Wow, what a crazy assignment for Elder Whiting! How exciting and new and crazy that must be - I will for sure be praying for him in this endeavor. What different experiences we truly are having! But both wonderful - we're surely going to have a lot to catch up on haha. Quite the Other Side of Heaven experience - but the Lord will watch over him and all will be well.
So glad to hear the missionary work continues in Granite Bay - way to be awesome member missionaries! It is seriously so important to the Lord - He loves missionaries a lot haha!
Kinda jealous about Hawaii, but....I'm in Prague. Can't complain. I love it here.
Here are a few answers for your questions:
1. We want to know all about the baptism obviously? - The baptism was wonderful. Our investigator is so special and so awesome. Getting the program all together involved a lot of craziness before and cleaning up was a lot of craziness after, but the program itself was wonderful. We got to the building about an hour early to get it all set up and there she was already sitting in the foyer front room, already wearing her white dress. She was so excited and said she was even a little nervous. But as the night went on it was absolutely wonderful. During the baptism itself, there was such a peaceful feeling - it wasn't a burning in the bosom feeling or a crazy manifestation of the spirit - there was just calm and peace. Everyone was so reverent and quiet. It was just still. How wonderful. Her mom and 2 of her friends even came to the baptism, and it was so cool to be able to connect with them a little and see how they are supporting her in her decision. There were a ton of people from the branch who came to support her and there was a huge line afterwards to go congratulate her. Sunday was wonderful as well, and her faith is absolutely amazing. We had a lesson last night about making a commitment to ourselves and to Heavenly Father to never fall away, which she loved - the spirit was strong and she said that it gives so much hope and it is so cool - she told us how she knows what life is like without the spirit and she never wants to return to it. I am so glad and happy for her.
2. When will transfer day be for you? It seems like your time in Prague will be winding down in the next 3 or so weeks, but we are not sure - Transfer day is May 16th, so I will get to do our call from Prague! The tradition in the past is that the leaving office elder either goes to be a zone leader or a branch president somewhere, so we'll see if one of those options or something different lies in store for this Starší! Sure am excited to talk to you, though!
3. Are you getting excited for your classical concert? ...it sounds like so much fun especially in the center of music as you are!! - Yeah, one week! It'll be great - I am so excited for it. Praha is simply the best!
4. Cori sent your final blog posts and your cd so it should be getting there soon. Any other requests? - nope! Just prayers and pictures every once in a while would be fun to see and show members here. Thank you so much, auntie Cori!
Let's see, some other things to add...
The baptism from Olomouc went well, I heard, which is wonderful. Please continue to pray for him and for the Olomouc saints. I got to see President Šlézar last week when he came to pick up a car here, which was so fun. We gave each other a big hug and got to catch up on all the latest happenings there in Morava. What a good man he is.
This week was a week of exchanges for me! I got to go on 3 exchanges - one a finding exchange with Sisters Bean and Sears (where we just split up and go finding together for an hour and talk about how the work is going for each of them individually), and also 2 full day exchanges with Elders Greener and Stradling in the district. Taught some lessons, found some awesome people - you know, the norm.
Out of time for today because of picture sending and mother's day call set up, but know that I love you all. I love the gospel and I am so grateful for the power it has to change lives for the better, no matter where we are now. God loves us. And I love you!
S láskou,
Starší Mullen



No comments:
Post a Comment