March 31, 2012
Hey, everybody! I'm excited to be able to fill you all in on the latest happenings here in Prague. Sounds like things at home and in Utah are all going well - busy and well! I sure do love our family. So glad to hear Gram is doing a little better - sure do love that Gram! I received and have read the first 14 postings from Cori's blog and love each one. I have been sharing them with Sister Bohne and she absolutely loves to read your writing, Aunt Cori! She's read all of the song backgrounds you sent me in the MTC and absolutely loves them. So now you're famous in Farmington, Kayesville, AND Prague! haha
Hey, everybody! I'm excited to be able to fill you all in on the latest happenings here in Prague. Sounds like things at home and in Utah are all going well - busy and well! I sure do love our family. So glad to hear Gram is doing a little better - sure do love that Gram! I received and have read the first 14 postings from Cori's blog and love each one. I have been sharing them with Sister Bohne and she absolutely loves to read your writing, Aunt Cori! She's read all of the song backgrounds you sent me in the MTC and absolutely loves them. So now you're famous in Farmington, Kayesville, AND Prague! haha
What a blessings to have such a strong YW program. It's kind of hard to look at the membership records here and see so many names with no faces. But we help those who will accept it and move forward with faith! Those YW are sure lucky to have you, Marmee!
Conference will be next week for us here in Prague, and I'm so looking forward to it! I love conference so much.
So I'll jump right into some answers for your questions!
1. Did you get the girl scout cookies? - YES! They are (and for most of them WERE) delicious haha. I've been sharing them with the office and District - I'll often times put a thin mint or Samoa (the caramel coconut ones - I still like the old name haha) on the top of the separator of the cubicle between Elder Gleue's desk and mine and after a bit he'll see it and eat it with an enthusiastic "Dík!" (Deeek). Thanks so much!
2. Did you get your Easter box? - Still not yet, but I'm excited for it when it comes!
3. Were you able to talk or meet with your investigator/friend? - Unfortunately no...but not for lack of trying. We've tried to get a hold of them several times this past week and they haven't picked up or returned calls. Of course I'll keep trying with faith!
4. How is your other investigator? She has so much been on our minds and we put her and you and your comp and your other investigators on the prayer roll on Tuesday night..oh, yeah and we put the Irwins on there every time too!! - see below
5. Anything we can do for you? I have asked Cori and Libby to make your cd so I will try and make that happen this week. Sorry that has been delayed... - Keep on praying for each of these good people. Ask Gram to send some sprinkles over to Prague. Keep writing letters - I treasure and have saved each one. Thank you for all you do - and no worries on the CD, send it when it's convenient for you.
6. Have you been any fun places on your p days? How r u and elder gleue doing? Have u found a new apartment? - Yeah, we have been to some cool places the past couple P-days. We went to the communism museum 2 weeks ago, last week we went on a shopping trip (Elder Nichol was looking for a new suit) throughout the big shopping district in Old Prague, and just this morning we went on an early morning run to Charles' Bridge. We got permission to wake up at 6.00 and Elder Gleue, Nichol, Meiling and I all ran to the bridge and walked through Old Town before all the tourists got there. It was so cool and I got some good pics! I still have a hard time believing that I'm in the Czech Republic sometimes. It is such an amazing place with so much history and so many people who need the gospel! Elder Gleue and I are doing great - he is an awesome Elder. We are working hard in the office to get all the computer files organized and tidy and to get all the missionary material production streamlined - it's keeping us longer in the office now, but we hope that our work put in now will save a lot of time for not only us later on, but for every new office elder who comes in. We've found a couple apartments, but all of them have had one problem or another (one landlord got a higher offer we couldn't fight, one landlord doesn't like the church's attourney's contract, etc.). So we're still looking, and in the meantime are enjoying being nice and close to the building and office.
So now for some miracles of the week!
First off, we got an awesome text from one of our investigators last week - she told us that she hasn't forgotten about us and that she is continuing to read through the Book of Mormon. She told us that "everything we placed in her heart she still has in her heart" (sorry, that kind of translates weird, but it is so sweet!) I continue to pray for her to be able to continue as she would wish sometime in the near future.
Another investigator continues to do great! We had 3 lessons with her this week and each one was wonderful. We specifically taught about prophets, general conference, the law of chastity, and enduring to the end. She accepts everything with such faith and trust that what God wants for her is the best. She continues to be accepted and loved into the branch. She told us that she loves the community of the church - we talked about Mosiah 18:8-10 and how we covenant at baptism to help and support each other in difficult times. I have had some of the most spiritual lessons on my mission with her. She is such an awesome girl and already has such a strong testimony. I know that the Lord is truly with her and with us and is helping all of us to learn and grow. We've been teaching her with another amazing recent convert here in Prague, and she commented to us the other day that when she helps us teach she feels like she learns more than she teaches - and that is exactly how teaching should be! I feel uplifted and edified every time we get to teach and talk with her - she is still excited for her baptism in 2 weeks time (and I guess we are a little, too) haha.
Another cool thing today - the girl that my first mission convert referred is getting baptized at 2 today! He will be baptizing her, and I'm playing piano for the service. One of our current investigators should be coming to the baptism, too, which is awesome! I'm excited for the service, though.
So all is well here in Prague. I love you all so, so much! I wish you all a wonderful week - be happy! We have so many blessings. I am so, so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ - it brings purpose and direction into every life that sincerely applies its teachings. I have seen that truth in myself and in the people here.
Lots of love,
S láskou,
Starší Mullen
No comments:
Post a Comment