April 28, 2013
Dearest family,
Dearest family,
Ahoj!
It's good to be writing you all yet again. Man, these P-days come
quickly. But I am loving my time here in Jihlava. I am so privileged to
be here in Jihlava at this time. I remember asking President Irwin the
question in my interview before I came "is there a specific reason for
why I'm going to Jihlava?" His response: "It just felt right." Well,
here we are and it feels very right. I am so happy here.
We have seen so many miracles this week in the work. The most
notable have been with our investigator. She is going to be such a strength to
this branch. We taught her 4 times last week and her testimony has grown
so much. In the period of 1 week, she has gone from hesitating about
baptism, to seriously considering it. Then came Thursday's lesson. From
the moment we sat down, the spirit was so, so present. We talked about
the spirit she has felt with the missionaries. She told us how, despite
the fact that she's never had so many external problems in her life,
she's never been happier. We saw the spirit teaching her in the lesson.
It was incredible to see. By the end she said she now knew that this was the truth. She has received so
many witnesses of the spirit and is now acting according to them. She
came to District Conference with her little daughter. She felt the spirit so, so
strong. Even her little 4 year old was talking with the returned missionary here and was crying. He asked her " why
are you crying?", to which she said, "Because I'm so happy!" We had a
lesson with her later that day with the Bells, the wonderful new
humanitarian aid couple, at her house and watched the Restoration video.
The spirit was so, so strong as all of us bore testimony of the calling
of the Prophet Joseph and of the beautiful feelings of the Holy Ghost.
She cried seeing his story, saying that it has been the same for her. 31
years of searching and she knows by the power of the Holy Ghost that
she's found it. She feels she's ready for baptism and knows that it is
truly a commitment for eternity. She told us after the conference that
she wants to one day serve as a missionary or a temple worker. This
experience of teaching her has been spiritually uplifting and inspiring
for all involved.
So I just had to tell you about that first so I didn't run out of time. Now for some answers!
1). How has it been with elder P. What have you learned from
him? - I have learned a lot from Elder P about good, solid work. He
will put his shoulder to the wheel and push with all his might. When I
teach him something or suggest we do something (such as using our P-day
time to teach a lesson...haha) he doesn't complain but justgoes with it,
excited to be a part of the Lord's work. He's a great worker and is a
great people's person. People who meet him love him becuase he is Elder
P in every situation he's in and doesn't have to change it.
2) Has it been a weird adjustment coming out of a leadership
role? Have you had any contact to know how things are going for the
ap's? - Surprisingly it hasn't been too weird. I thought it would be a
lot of a harder adjustment, but being here and just going to work and
seeing the fruits of our efforts is so wonderful and rewarding. Elders
Gabrielsen and Osterloh gave a great training a week and a half ago and
are doing a great job from all I've seen and heard.
3). We sent your package on Tuesday. Hopefully it will get there in
time. When should we send our last letters....like two weeks before?
How weird is that? - Yeah, 2 weeks before would probably be the latest
I'd send them. And don't worry, if it gets delayed, the office forwards
them onto the missionary who got transferred home.
4). Any instructions yet for the Mother's Day phone call like time
of day etc etc? This will be a fun one for us!! - OK, so here you go -
Please call on Sunday the 12th of May ( that's mother's day, right? They
don't have that holiday here haha...) at 6:45 Czech Republic time. We'll have 45 minutes
again, so I'm looking forward to it!
5). anything we can do for you back home? - Just keep praying for
me. I want to run through the finish line of my full-time mission with
all speed. Pray for all these people. And keep being
the wonderful Mullen clan!
6). Most importantly tell us about your people this week...your
accomplishments...your disappointments...and all the good things. - As I
said, we have truly been blessed. I'm out of time to write, but know
that we have seen so many miracles! This is the Lord's work and He's in
charge. He is strengthening me and supporting me. I love you all.
S laskou,
Starsi Mullen
No comments:
Post a Comment