Mission Address (use exact wording below for letters)

Mission Address

(use exact address below for letters -

packages require a different address)

Církev Ježíše Krista Svatých posledních dnů

Elder Joseph Mullen

Badeniho 1

160 00 Praha 6

Czech Republic Europe

Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Lord is in Charge!


April 14, 2013

What a wonderful email! I am so, so happy to hear that little Mary Claire is safe and healthy. Chris and Jenna sent me some photos and she is so cute! Isn't technology just amazing!? Countries and oceans away I can see a picture of her taken a couple days ago. What a blessing. That's great that you'll be able to go and visit. Be sure to give her lots of grandparent love haha (somehow I don't think that you'll have a problem with that haha). I love the name and I remember you showing me pictures of Mary Claire, Tata - what a wonderful namesake.
 
I'm so sorry to hear about Aunt Cori. She will most certainly be in my prayers. I was singing some of her Saints on the Seas songs to Elder P the other day along with "Stand a Little Taller" - it was cool because when I mentioned Stand a Little Taller, he started singing it - he totally knew the song! But even better than the songs and music is who you are, Aunt Cori, and I will be praying for you to get better soon. I wuv you!
 
So here are some answers to your questions first before I go into the experiences of the week:
 

1.  How long on average does it take for mail and or packages to get to you in Jihlava?  As the weeks melt away, we  are interested to know what the "cut-off date" realistically is for us to either send a package or letters.  How weird is that to be actually at the point where we are thinking of those logistics? - Mail takes about 2 weeks average to get to Praha (9 days to 3 weeks is usually the wide frame), and packages about 3 weeks. Then I can get them at the next available opportunity (usually a specialized training). The specialized training in May is in the middle of May, so packages I'd send within 1 week or so and mail I'd send at latest mid-May. Hope that gives you a good idea. It's weird for me to be thinking about that, also.

2.  Are there any "last requests" for specific things from home?  Please let us know.  ANYTHING is fair game! :) - I honestly don't know. I just asked Elder P and perhaps some good peanut butter would be appreciated haha. But honestly, I'm very content. You have been so good about sending me packages and you really don't need to stress over sending something. But I always love letters! I've saved every letter I've received from you both and have sent them home in those packages (those'll be fun to go through haha...lots of papers...). Thanks for everything.

3. What have been the highlights of this week for you and Starsi P? - Wow, we have been so blessed in our efforts this week. 4 new investigators started learning about the gospel last week in Jihlava and they are wonderful people! The first is a woman in her 50s who has been a believer her whole life but is the only believer of her family. She had felt that her faith was dwindling and didn't know if her prayers were being answered. We met and set up a meeting and we taught her in her home last week. She is a wonderful lady and is so ready for the gospel. We are visiting her again tonight. She is very sensitive to the spirit and we're really excited to be able to get to know her better. 

But those weren't the only miracles of the week. This week, we are also going to begin teaching a wonderful couple in their 50s. They contacted the office through email asking if missionaries in Jihlava could teach them English. We were a bit concerned handling the situation because we wanted to use the situation as a finding opportunity but didn't want to be just teaching English and not the gospel (we were not set apart to be English Teachers, after all!). We went to their house and told her up front that we could only come to teach English if we could also teach them the gospel and share a spiritual message during every meeting. Her response was "Great! We're believers anyway, so that's no problem!" We're going over there on Tuesday and will be returning on Friday. What a tender mercy! This work is truly a work of miracles.

4. How was new missionary training in Prague last week?  I'll bet it was wonderful to revisit the mission office as an "alumnus" and reconnect with the APs and the Irwins, Munros, and Curtis'. - The new missionary training was wonderful and inspiring. I realized that it was the first training in about a year that I didn't have to prepare anything for! It was kinda nice haha.
 
Anyways, I'm so blessed to be here. I was very touched by conference this last weekend. All the talks were inspiring, but one thing that stuck out in particular was Sister Dalton's address when she said "Whate'er thou art, act well thy part." It really touched me - now, I need to act my part well. I need to be a good, active missionary right up until the last moment. Then, I need to be a good member missionary, a good son, a good uncle, eventually a good husband and father. Whatever I find myself being, I must act my part well. So now we go to work! We act our parts as best as we know how and seek to uplift all those around us and share the light of the Gospel - the light of our Savior. I love being a missionary in this place at this time with this companion. The Lord is in charge. I love you all.
 
S laskou,
Starsi Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment