Dearest family,
Not much time this week...the internet here was really shoddy today, and didn't really work at all for like 30 minutes of my time. Boo. Super lame. But I am excited to tell you a bit about my week!
K, first thing, we challenged another investigator to baptism, which is awesome! She is so cool - she loves to read, and is excited about reading the Book of Mormon. She, and her young daughter are just so neat. We only had one lesson with her so far, but at the end of the lesson we challenged her to baptism (we had just had a District meeting focused on challenging investigators in the first lesson!) and she accepted. She told us that if she comes to know that the Book of Mormon is really true and the word of God, she will be baptized on the date we set - the 24 of September. I'm so excited to meet with her more - she was out of town for a vacation this weekend, but is returning soon.
Our investigator I mentioned last week continues to progress and is just such a cool guy. One minor problem - he got a new job like last week that requires working every other Sunday...lame... but he said every other week when he doesn't have work he will come faithfully. At this point, there's not much we can do - apparently you can get fired for even asking for time off, especially when you're a new employee. Dang. But we taught him the plan of Salvation last week with an awesome member and it went well. He accepted the plan, and said he wants to go to the Celestial Kingdom - I told him I do too! haha - so cool to teach someone so prepared.
Last Thursday was neat, too - there was a new missionary and trainer conference in Brno, so we went there for the day! It was SO much fun to see all my MTC brothers and sisters there - I really feel so close to each of them, and will cherish our friendship forever. Crazy random thing too - I was grabbing a Kniha Mormonova in the Brno building, and saw some passalong cards below it for Brno. Guess whose faces I saw? Matt and Chelsea. Yes - they are in the Czech Republic. I'll send a couple home when I can haha.
I read a cool talk this past week called the 4th missionary by Brother Corbridge - it's an amazing talk, and really inspired me. I have tried, after the training on Thursday and reading that talk, to really give all of myself to this work. I talk with everyone - yes, I receive lots of rejection, but also more success! Just in the past 2 days, we found 9 or so new potentials, and that was without big blocks of contacting time. The Lord helps those who do all they can - and I have strengthened my commitment to do exactly that.
We visited a cool castle today as a district - will send pictures soon! I'm working on descriptions for a bunch right now. I hope you will enjoy them!
Know that all is well with Starsi Mullen here in Plzen. Thank you for your letters, packages, recipes, love, and prayers. It truly does make a difference. I love you so much!
Starsi Mullen
Last Thursday was neat, too - there was a new missionary and trainer conference in Brno, so we went there for the day! It was SO much fun to see all my MTC brothers and sisters there - I really feel so close to each of them, and will cherish our friendship forever. Crazy random thing too - I was grabbing a Kniha Mormonova in the Brno building, and saw some passalong cards below it for Brno. Guess whose faces I saw? Matt and Chelsea. Yes - they are in the Czech Republic. I'll send a couple home when I can haha.
I read a cool talk this past week called the 4th missionary by Brother Corbridge - it's an amazing talk, and really inspired me. I have tried, after the training on Thursday and reading that talk, to really give all of myself to this work. I talk with everyone - yes, I receive lots of rejection, but also more success! Just in the past 2 days, we found 9 or so new potentials, and that was without big blocks of contacting time. The Lord helps those who do all they can - and I have strengthened my commitment to do exactly that.
We visited a cool castle today as a district - will send pictures soon! I'm working on descriptions for a bunch right now. I hope you will enjoy them!
Know that all is well with Starsi Mullen here in Plzen. Thank you for your letters, packages, recipes, love, and prayers. It truly does make a difference. I love you so much!
Starsi Mullen
I feel famous :) So glad to hear you are doing well!!
ReplyDeleteWaiting and anticipating pictures! Keep up the good work and GREAT attitude!
ReplyDelete