Ahoj, rodino!
So yes, I do get to email you today!! Fun, right?
K, so first off for your questions - yes, I did get the vanilla, and I have already made pancakes and french toast with it - yummers! And the CDs work great - I love listening to Aunt Coris music and listen to it often in the evenings as I get ready for bed or as I cook. I havent gotten the sd cards or pens yet, but very well could this weekend if I go through Praha for transfers. (will touch more on that later!) Unfortunately, I dont get to play the piano a lot - theres no real time to do it for free time - free time doesnt really exist here haha - but I like listening to Starší Egger play when he gets the chance. He is very talented. As for singing in town squares, I dont get to do that very often. Ive only done it once so far, and that was in Praha when all of the greenies were there for visa stuff. It is so much fun, but is only done in the 2 biggest areas - Praha and Brno - where there are enough missionaries. Here in Plzeň we only have us 4, which isnt really enough. But I hope I will be able to do it frequently at least at one point in my mission!
K, so now for a little taste of my week here in Plzeň! Its crazy for me to imagine that this could be my last week here - exchanges are on Saturday, and Ive been told by a couple people unofficially that it is very likely that I will be going to a different city. Thats definitely bittersweet for me. I want to serve all over this country, but I really dont want to leave Plzeň and all of the wonderful people here. I feel like we are just getting started, and now the transfer is over!
Yesterday I gave my first proslov in Church, and it went really well! People seemed to like it, except I made my first kinda embarrasing public language mistake haha - so here it goes, Starší Mullens first embarrasing czech mistake: my talk was on temples, and I shared the story of us doing the sealing for Clarence Mullen during my last week at home and feeling his joy of accepting that ordinance we performed on his behalf. In introducing Clarence, I called him my "pra-středa" or Great-Wednesday, instead of "pra-strejda", or Great Uncle. Haha - oops. My friends at church had a good laugh at that one.
Speaking of which, that was another kind of sad thing this week - we said goodbye to a member of the church here. She is going to England for the next year, which is going to be such an amazing experience for her, but we will definitely miss her. She is amazing and taught with us on multiple occasions. We will miss her.
We've been really working this week to grow our Outreach program - Daniel Askari, an amazing young member from Praha (if you go on mormon.org and look for the youth Czech Republic video, it features him - he's way cool), was born in Plzeň and said he will not let this program die! Haha, so we talked with him and are really trying to get some of our potential investigators to come. We counted yesterday and figured out we have 53 potentials who still haven't dropped us between the ages of 17-30. We have GOT to be able to get at least ONE of them there on Thursday! We are also fasting with our friend who is a member, the way awesome Young Single Adult here, on Tuesday to be able to teach at least one young investigator who could prepare for baptism. We know prayer and fasting works - now we are putting it to the test!
Our investigator continues to progress - he went with us to the baptism in Praha last Saturday, which was way awesome. He is excited to be the one in the water on the 24 of September.
Anyway, I probably should end here - we are going to the Juráskovi in 10 minutes, and one of the Sisters at church is going to teach us how to make Ovocné Knedliky. I am way excited. I love you all, and will email on Saturday (every transfer day is a P-day) - I love you all, and I love this work!
S láskou,
Starší Mullen
No comments:
Post a Comment