Mission Address (use exact wording below for letters)

Mission Address

(use exact address below for letters -

packages require a different address)

Církev Ježíše Krista Svatých posledních dnů

Elder Joseph Mullen

Badeniho 1

160 00 Praha 6

Czech Republic Europe

Friday, August 5, 2011

Oh Mylanta!! What a week!!

Oh mylanta, this was a cool week! I just want to tell you all about it, so here it goes!


The first big news - last week, we were tram contacting and talking to this lady next to us. She ended up having no real interest, but asked for another passalong card which she passed back to the seat behind her where her 32 year old son was sitting. I talked to him really quick and got his name and phone number  and said we'd call later that night. We ended up calling him and setting up an meeting with him, which he came to last Tuesday! How cool - it's so great (and unfortunately kind of rare) when people come to their appointments with us. So we taught him about the restoration and the Book of Mormon, which he was very open to and accepting of. We set up another meeting for last Friday - and on Friday we taught him a lesson that was centered on baptism by restored authority. He kept his reading commitment for reading 2 Nephi 31 also, which helped teach him about the importance of baptism. When the time was right, we extended the commitment to be baptized...(and here's the best part)...and he ACCEPTED!!! He's being baptized on September 17. Oh mylanta. I'm so excited for him - he came to church with us on Sunday, and we taught him a mini lesson on the Gospel of Christ afterwards with a member. It's almost unreal - but it is SO real! Please pray for him - especially as we teach him the commandments, he will need your prayers. The Word of Wisdom is a very common problem here, and we get the sense that it might be a challenge for him, too.


Some other cool things - last Thursday-Friday morning was my first exchange! I went on an exchange with Starsi Stockdale , which was way fun. He and I get along really well - I stayed at their apartment Thursday night, and it was great. He's a fan of Wicked and Les Miserables, which is awesome - we were talking about our favorite parts from the 2 and favorite songs - It was way fun. We also taught 2 lessons and got a couple phone numbers for potential investigators, which is always awesome.


Now, another investigator - he is a really neat man probably somewhere in his 40s. He is originally from South Africa, so English is his mother language and we teach him in English, which is way cool. I'll never again take for granted the ability to express how I feel - because lots of times in Czech I can't precisely express how I'm feeling.  Oh well - I know it'll get better, and I truly am still amazed at the progress I am making. I can talk to people - Czech people! How crazy is that?!

So, some more cool things from my week - we had a district lunch at Sestra Juraskova's house, which was awesome! She made gulas with knedliky - oh my gosh, it's so good! The food here (minus the zeli (saurkraut)) is so amazing! We get fresh tomatoes from the store all the time, make caprese salads, have amazing toast (you can get amazing bread basically anywhere) and when we eat out it's always a good experience! I love it, and can't wait for you to try it someday soon (minus garlic and onions, of course!) haha


Well, I must close ... mail gets to Prague in like a week and a half, and to me at the nearest opportunity after it's arrived (usually a couple weeks, but it fluctuates). Do you know what would be a big treat for me? Vanilla - the good stuff. You can't really get good vanilla here. So yeah - there's an idea for me haha.


Know that I love you and I love this work. The gospel truly is the answer to the problems of the world. Every concern, worry, pain, and problem can be solved through obedience to the gospel of Christ.


I love my Savior, and I certainly love you all!


S Laskou,
Starsi Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment