Hi, my family! How are you doing? I trust all is fine on the homefront and loved getting your email. First of all, to answer your question, yes, I am keeping a personal journal, too. I think I've only missed 3 days since the start of my mission - I want to have as many records of my mission as possible! We will have fun times in a couple of years sitting in the playroom as I go through my journal and tell you all the stories I can't fit into this hour to tell you. I am truly excited to tell you about this week tho - so very excited!
K, first the big news - we have 4 investigators with baptismal dates now! How amazing is that? Our investigator from a few weeks ago continues to progress, is reading in the Book of Mormon, and came to church yesterday with a white shirt, slacks, and tie. That is so cool. He is awesome, and it is a privelege to teach him. We are going to a baptismal service in Prague on the 27th with him, which will be a wonderful experience for him and get him excited for his own! We are trying to meet, at least for a little bit, with him every day, which is awesome. He is such a cool person, and am so excited for him to continue to learn about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.
We finally have a solid lesson with another investigator this week, which I'm really excited for. The important thing for her now is that she reads in the Book of Mormon and really ponders and prays to know it is the word of God. As she told us, if she feels it is true, she will get baptized on her date. I just pray that she'll do all that is required to receive the answer Moroni promised she will.
Now, for our 2 new investigators! The first one is so cool. She is 17, and her parents are members who were sealed in the temple, but went inactive quite a few years ago. She has been meeting with missionaries since last November, and the other elders in our district were teaching her - but we accidently (or not - there are few coincidences, like dad said) set up a meeting with her. It was so amazing - the spirit was so strong in the lesson. She has a couple questions/concerns about the church, but we asked her that if she received answers by the 24 of September, if she would get baptized, and she said yes! She is such an amazing girl and is so strong - after the lesson, we were walking in silence, speechless because of the spirit. I did what marmee did so often to me and nearly whispered "muzes to citit?" (can you feel it?) - and she said "ano." (YES!) It was amazing. We have another lesson planned, so please pray for her to receive answers to her questions.
Now, for our last investigator - oh, mylanta is this a story straight out of the Ensign(our church monthly magazine)...K, so we contacted this woman nearly a month ago on the street outside our apartment on a Sunday. That day, we had been in the apartment for a while, and I was getting antsy and frustrated, and Starsi Egger and I prayed and both felt like we just needed to get out of the apartment and talk to people - (that's when I contacted the investigators I mentioned a couple emails ago) - but this woman was our last contact that night. She and another guy were walking towards us, the guy in front - and usually we contact together, but this time we said that I would talk to the guy and he would talk to the girl so we could talk to both. The guy I talked to didn't want to meet or switch contact info, but this woman, who Starsi Egger contacted, seemed to show some interest in the Book of Mormon. She is probably somewhere in her 50s, and is Catholic - she speaks Slovak and Hungarian really well, and also speaks Czech pretty good. We ended up getting her address (in our same panelak), and said we would stop by sometime to give her a Hungarian Book of Mormon. Fastforward a week. We went to visit her, and she came down to just talk at the door - she accepted the Book of Mormon and said she would read in it, because she was going to Slovakia the next week or 2 and would have time on the way. Fastforward to last night. We had been kind of putting off visiting her at night, but felt like we really needed to visit her. So we did. She came down, got her Book of Mormon, and we went outside to have a little lesson. We started talking, and came to find out that she, in the past 3 weeks or so, had read from the beginning through 3 Nefi 6. Yeah. Then she looked at us and said that she believes that it happened and is true. I was thinking "come again? what?" but said something like "that's wonderful!" haha. We taught her lesson 1 about Joseph Smith, and she told us she believes Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ. I was just smiling so big, and couldn't even believe it. I got to extend the challenge to baptism - and she accepted right away, saying that is something she really wants to do. I was just so in awe. She was so prepared. It is a testament to me that the Lord puts people in our path, and puts us in theirs, who are ready to receive the restored gospel. We are teaching her again tomorrow - I am SO excited for her. She is amazing - absolutely amazing.
Anyway, wonderful wonderful week. A couple of quick requests when you get the chance - I'd love a box of Marmee and my favorite pens (the black staples ones) - I'm on my last one! and also, I could use another SD card when you can (and yes, one is on the way this week!)
I know this Gospel is true. It changes lives. It has changed mine, and continues to do so.
I love you so much.
S laskou,
Starsi Mullen
No comments:
Post a Comment