Mission Address (use exact wording below for letters)

Mission Address

(use exact address below for letters -

packages require a different address)

Církev Ježíše Krista Svatých posledních dnů

Elder Joseph Mullen

Badeniho 1

160 00 Praha 6

Czech Republic Europe

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Ahoj Tato!! Happy Fathers Day!!

June 17, 2012

Šťastný den otců, Táto! I'm gonna be writing this email to you - Marmee and Christers and Jenna and family and everyone else is allowed to listen in on our little "conversation", but I wanted to just send you an email this week, especially because our extremely limited time may prevent me from being able to write you a separate letter later today.

But how are you doing? I absolutely love getting your letters every week (even though I'm getting them in batches now haha). I read and cherish each one and have kept every one, along with the envelopes. It is such a privelege for me to be able to read them. Elder Sewell tells me that he looks forward to you sending me letters so he can take a look at the cartoons on the back haha! They're quite the hit in the office, you know. I'm so sorry I'm not better about answering all your questions you write - we'll have to go back through and read them together at one point and I'll be able to answer all of them. But I hope you know that I love you loads and thank Heavenly Father for allowing me to have a Táta like you.


I'm so glad to hear that Marmee's visit to Utah was a success and helped. What a great husband you are to just let her go do something we know is so important. It is such an example to me of how I want to treat my future wife one day. I continue to pray for Cinny and the Gardners. Gotta love our Utah family!


If you can, could you send me a little update on what's going on with the Mullen side of the family? I'd love to hear how Aunt Geeg and Uncle Bill and all the cousins are doing. Sure do love them!!!


How fun that you're getting to play some more gigs as a band! Maybe you'll have to play at my wedding haha - but on the other hand, I'd rather have you dancing and hosting and enjoying yourself instead of stressing over playing music. Who is in the group now? Does it still include Brothers Wood and Judd and Schaeffer (sorry if I butchered the spelling haha)? What is your band name? Do you have a poster up on the back staircase yet (BEWARE! The Cheshires! *wink wink*)


So here are a couple answers for your questions this week!

1. How are your investigators coming along? We hope well!! - One of them is making great progress! He's reading a lot more in the Book of Mormon! We had a rocking lesson with him at his house with a recent convert from our area, and it went great. He just turned 21 last Thursday, and is just a good kid. I'm really praying for him to continue onward strong.

2. Have you heard at all how the recent convert in Prague is doing? Was she able to go to the temple as planned? And anything new to report on how the convert from Plzen is doing? - The recent convert from Prague is doing fine, still going to church every week and is working in her calling - please continue to pray for her! I talked with Elder Bracken who was in Plzen until this transfer as District Leader and he said our new member is still going strong. He moved outside of Plzen, so he can't make it to activities through the week, but still goes to church every Sunday. Apparently he's having trouble finding a job that doesn't require work on Sunday, so please pray for that. Also, the two converts in Olomouc are still going to church - we saw Sister Šlézarová at a leadership conference for Brno District this last week and she let us know. How wonderful! I love each of them and pray for their continued success and activity.

3. How are you adjusting to being out of the office? Has it been an okay transition for you? Have you held any Zone Training/conferences lately or are there some planned? - I've adjusted almost completely out of the office pretty smoothly, although I (being my techy self) still miss using a computer often. But it's all good and I love being out in the field. We had a fantastic Zone Conference last Friday and we trained missionaries on the importance of baptism and how to help investigators set baptismal dates as a personal goal. It turned out wonderful and we got many compliments on it - I think it went much better than last one. President, at the training, talked about how we should do good every day and showed a really inspiring music video from Alex Boye singing "Have I done any good in the world today?" with clips of Mormon Helping Hands. It was so invigorating and he gave us a wonderful training. How I love President Irwin!

4. Did you travel to Bratislava yet? We'd love to hear some about it if you did. - We did go to Bratislava, and it was great! Very, very similar to the Czech Republic, I spoke Czech to the people and they spoke Slovak to me and there was little to no understanding barrier. It was wonderful, though.

5. Tell us about some of the members in your new area? How hard is it to live the Gospel for them there? We imagine they are amazing people to be among. - Wow, there are so many amazing members. I'll have to tell you more individually in the coming weeks and months, I'm just running out of time - sorry! But I'll try to keep that in mind.

I just wanted to end by letting you know how much I'm grateful for and love you. I think back to that difficult time in 2007 and thank Heavenly Father from the bottom of my heart that He let you stay with Marmee and Christers and me. His tender mercies are over us and I thank Him for the wonderful father you are. Happy Father's day.


I love you, Táta.


S láskou,
Tvůj syn,
Starší Mullen








No comments:

Post a Comment