Mission Address (use exact wording below for letters)

Mission Address

(use exact address below for letters -

packages require a different address)

Církev Ježíše Krista Svatých posledních dnů

Elder Joseph Mullen

Badeniho 1

160 00 Praha 6

Czech Republic Europe

Monday, July 23, 2012

it's JULY!!

July 1, 2012


Hello, everyone! I'm so excited to be emailing you this week, it was a great one!

Thanks so much for the pictures! Little Joseph is so, so cute and has an awesome name haha. Congratulations, Petersons!

It sounds like a wonderful vacation you've got all planned out. How fun that will be. Please take lots of pictures and send me some so I can show you off to everyone here haha. I love you so much and, while I will miss you, I will be happy here in Brno! But I'm so glad you're keeping busy and doing good and having fun. How I love you all!

I'm glad you got a picture of the activity from the Martinovi - it has been very hot here in Brno and needless to say my face is a little red haha. But all is well and perhaps I will finally be somewhat tan! But we'll see - I'll probably just peel as usual haha.

I received an email from Bishop Sebesta this week and please let him know how grateful I am for it! I love hearing from the bishopric every month, but mission rules is that we can only email family, so please let him know that I say thank you and send my prayers and greetings to all of the young men!


So now for some answers:

1) Is it still hot? Are you able to use a fan so you sleep okay at night? - YES! Still quite hot here, unusually hot for Brno I've heard. But we do have a fan in our bedroom and we open the windows to get a breeze through. Last night we had a crazy lightning storm and the power went out in our apartment a couple times, but it is all good!

2) Are you doing any "singing in the namesti"? We think that transfers are next week...is that right? - Yes! We sing on the namesti (Namesti Svobody - Nahm-yes-tee Zvoh-boh-dee) at least once a week all together as a district, and they are always some of the most successful experiences for finding new people. And transfers wont be until the 18th of July, so I've still got time!

3) We read on Elder Meiling's blog that he will be going home so that will make another good mixup in the mission. Any sense of what changes might take place? We sense you will probably stay in Brno...do you think so too? - With President Irwin, you never know what will happen. He hinted at specialized training that this upcoming transfer was FULL of surprises, so we'll see. Pretty crazy! So I really don't know what will happen - just am trying to use every moment here in Brno to its fullest.

4) Share with us your favorite missionary moments this week. That's our favorite parts of your emails!! - the best moment of this week was definitely yesterday at church - we finally had our investigators come! One of them came for first and second hour and enjoyed it - he said he learned a lot and had a good experience. This is what it's all about. Then, we talked with a man at church who we didn't recognize and he explained how he was contacted on a tramvaj last summer and was invited to church, and finally decided to come. Wow - you just never know when your fruit will grow, huh? We set up a meeting with him on Tuesday and gave him a Kniha Mormonova to read.  It gives me hope, too, that all those passalong cards we give out to people who don't want to meet really can amount to something. Missionary work is wonderful!

Another awesome missionary moment that happened this week was actually in Prague! So Vasek and another YSA from Brno went to Prague last Thursday to shoot a video that the Area Presidency in Germany organized - It will feature their testimonies, along with 3 others of YSA from Prague ! How amazing is that? I'm so excited to see it - look out for it as soon as it comes out! It should be awesome - how wonderful to know that our work here will have an effect perhaps on people all over the world, including the Czech Republic!

5} Is there anything you either need or would like to get from your parents? Unfortunately, a window air conditioner is not an option. Ha ha! :} - Nope, I'm content! I still have some candy from the last box. I guess just keep sending letters and pictures - those are my favorite anyways! Sure do love you all!

So I'm gonna have to end here, but know that I love you all so, so much! This gospel is true and is the way to lasting happiness. How grateful I am for the opportunity to be a missionary - I have learned so much and have so much yet to learn. The gospel is wonderful, isn't it?! I'm just so grateful for you all at home and your love and support.


S laskou,
Starsi Mullen


ps.....dum dum

1 comment:

  1. We've been hearing about the video from the missionaries in our ward! It's so fun to hear that Joseph is hearing about it, too! I forget he's only like 3 hours away!

    ReplyDelete