Mission Address (use exact wording below for letters)

Mission Address

(use exact address below for letters -

packages require a different address)

Církev Ježíše Krista Svatých posledních dnů

Elder Joseph Mullen

Badeniho 1

160 00 Praha 6

Czech Republic Europe

Monday, July 23, 2012

Happy Birthday Tata!

June 24, 2012

Hello, everyone! I was so happy to read your email this week! I hope the implant goes well today - Tata sure is a mighty fine surgeon. Love you all so much!

Please send my best to Sarah and all the Petersons - they are such a beautiful family. I loved the picture you sent - so much love. I was listening to conference the other day in Czech (we have it on our phones and listen to it every morning as we get ready to keep the language and the words of the prophets in our heads) and heard President Monson quote William Wordsworth's poem "Ode to Intimations of Immortality", which is just so appropriate for little children - "but trailing clouds of glory do we come from God who is our home/
heaven lies about us in our infancy." (thanks for teaching me to love poetry, Gram!). I will be praying for them!
Unfortunately on these computers I cannot view your videos, but please continue to take little videos from now and then - I would love to be able to catch up on some fun little moments from these 2 years one day!

And I'd like to give a big shoutout now to Tata - VŠECHNO NEJLEPŠÍ K NAROZENINÁM!!! I wish I could've come to your party, but know that my thoughts and love are with you. I loved the pictures - you look so happy and so good! Dinner sounded delicious and the company even better. Please greet everyone for me.

So I'll answer some questions now!

1. How has the weather been there in Brno? Is it hot and humid? Do you have fans in your apartment? We doubt you have AC. - the weather has been ok, kind of off and on with the heat - some days have been very very hot and humid, but most days have been just fine. It's actually raining now in Brno! And yeah, we have a fan in our bedroom than runs on the top setting every night haha. It's wonderful, though - no complaints.


2. How are your investigator's doing? Anything new to share with us? Any new missionary "miracles" to report? - This work is full of little miracles every day. I'll be honest to say that this week we didn't see any huge, ground-breaking miracles, but every day in the work of the Lord is a miracle. We're continuing to work hard and have our vision in our heads and hearts at all times.

3. What's the plan for your P day today? - we are actually going to a castle called Veveři, where each missionary in our district will be knighted a Brňák (burn-yahk) (it's a tradition of one of the members here, Sestra Marečková), which should be very fun. Afterwards comes FHE and cleaning checks - oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Other than that mentioned above, this week was just another
wonderfully exceptional week in the service of the Lord. I love being a missionary and I love you all so much!


S laskou,
Starsi Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment