June 10, 2012
Hello from Germany!
Psyche, just kidding! I'm still in Brno haha. And I love it here. This is a wonderful place and truly the promised land!
Wow, so hello to Utah and California! Sure do love you all! Thank you, Tata, for always being so sensitive to what we have in our hearts and knowing exactly what we need to do, even at your own expense (wish I could be there to bach it up with you, but alas I will be staying in Brno at least for the next while haha). I am praying every single day for Cindy, and have been fasting since lunch yesterday for her and for the entire Gardner clan. I love you, Cinny, and so so wish I could be there to help out in any way I could. I pray that you will perhaps feel a little strength and comfort in knowing that people truly all over the world are thinking and praying and fasting for you. Love you!
How wonderful to have all the sisters together! You all look so great, my funny aunts! Thank you so, so much for the pictures of you all at the restaurant. I love seeing all your faces. Miss you and love you all!
Now for a couple answers and then I'll hopefully get a photo or 2 off to you!
1. How are your investigators coming along. - Oh mylanta, we've had some wonderful things happen with our investigators. One of our young men investigators, is really starting to understand the gospel and is reading his homework assignments in the Book of Mormon, which is awesome! It is really so important to read the Book of Mormon and it truly helps everyone come closer to Christ, no matter their religious background. The most amazing, however, is another friend we have made here who talked with me. It was a really sacred and amazing experience for me - I wrote 6 pages in my journal about it - I will share more when we can talk face to face (sorry that's so long away! but it's less than a year, now - my, how time flies!) He said he knows that the church is true and received an answer to his prayer of what he needs to do. We have a meeting with him tonight and he's just absolutely amazing. Miracles happen, family, and "God has not ceased to be a God of miracles."
2. Anything we could send you? I am taking pictures in Utah that I will print out at home and send to you - still good for now, I would love pictures printed out and sent so I can show them to investigators and members (can't print out stuff at this internet cafe). Other than that, I continue to love letters of love that you send. You're the best!
3. If you have any pics of your new area we would love to see what it's like? Are you loving it? no big deal if you run out of time - I'm gonna try to send some off!
4. How is it being a zone leader? Are you and Elder Buhler hitting it off okay? - Being zone leader is great, we get to spend most of our time being just normal proselyting missionaries, but still have that connection with President Irwin and leadership which I really enjoy. Elder Buhler is wonderful and we get along great. He is a very Christ-like missionary and I have already learned so much from him and have still much to learn.
5. What did you do on your p day this last week? - haha, last week we actually went shopping! I used some of the money you have sent to buy us matching european shirts and slacks which look slick! I also bought a pair of nice dress, european, and yes, POINTY shoes from a popular czech shoe store Bata (pronounced like Bah-tia). I love them! So yeah, fun stuff!
6. What was your favorite meal this week? - I had a DELICOUS svickova at this restaurant close to the building. We are going back there when you come - it was amazing!
Anyway, gotta end here to get some pics off. Know that I love you all SO much and pray for you all. I know from my own experience and without a shadow of doubt that this Church is true and that the things I am teaching and sharing here everyday truly does bring lasting peace and joy that cannot be found anywhere else. How I love being a missionary!
S laskou,
Starsi Mullen
No comments:
Post a Comment