February 16,2013
Wow, well I hope that your
weekend went alright! Sounds like you are just being busy bees down there
in Granite Bay and that's wonderful. It's good to be busy.
Please
do say hello to Elder Clift for me when he arrives. How exciting for
him to be coming home and continuing his mission after "the big
transfer" as we call it. I hope that you're all feeling well and that
the sickness hasn't gotten you too bad. Colds are never fun but we can
be grateful that it's not anything more serious!
It
sounds and looks like you had quite the storm there in Boston! I'm glad
everyone is safe. We had a bit of snow here one morning but as soon as
it hit noon the temperature went above 0, so most of it melted. But it
was beautiful to look at for a short time!
1. We heard that Pres Irwin introduced the Slovak Book of Mormon this week. How fun was that to be a part of history? Such very exciting times for you!! - It was amazing to be there - I didn't tell you last week because it wasn't an official announcement from the church yet but yes, how fun it was to be there. Very emotional and spiritual.
2. How have your investigators done this week? Any new news? - We are continuing to work with everyone - pray for them please. We also started teaching one of our previous investigators again this week! He was out of the country for a month or so and that's why he didn't answer. But he's back and ready and willing to keep learning. He's so cool. No earthshaking news to share this week, but sure are a lot of tender mercies. I love serving the Lord. We are studying the Atonement right now for our upcoming training this week. Elder Lopez, an area 70 from Spain, will be attending our Zone Conferences and Zone Leader Council this week, so we will have a wonderful opportunity to interact with him for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Anyways, our training is on simplicity and plainness in teaching and our practice centers on teaching the Atonement as simply as possible, as if we were teaching an 8-year-old. It is hard work but so wonderful and rewarding when you see the understanding turn on in somebody's eyes. I love it.
3 Is there anything else in particular that your Marmee and Tata can do for you? We ever pray for you. We love thinking of you with "your" people. It is such an amazing experience you are having. Embrace being in the middle Joseph!! - I certainly will. The Spirit is teaching me to enjoy every moment I have here and to, as Chris wrote me in his letter, listen to the spirit more than I watch the clock. I love this work and being a missionary. It's so rewarding. God lives and loves each of us so, so much.
So that leads us straight into the questions of the week!
1. We heard that Pres Irwin introduced the Slovak Book of Mormon this week. How fun was that to be a part of history? Such very exciting times for you!! - It was amazing to be there - I didn't tell you last week because it wasn't an official announcement from the church yet but yes, how fun it was to be there. Very emotional and spiritual.
2. How have your investigators done this week? Any new news? - We are continuing to work with everyone - pray for them please. We also started teaching one of our previous investigators again this week! He was out of the country for a month or so and that's why he didn't answer. But he's back and ready and willing to keep learning. He's so cool. No earthshaking news to share this week, but sure are a lot of tender mercies. I love serving the Lord. We are studying the Atonement right now for our upcoming training this week. Elder Lopez, an area 70 from Spain, will be attending our Zone Conferences and Zone Leader Council this week, so we will have a wonderful opportunity to interact with him for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Anyways, our training is on simplicity and plainness in teaching and our practice centers on teaching the Atonement as simply as possible, as if we were teaching an 8-year-old. It is hard work but so wonderful and rewarding when you see the understanding turn on in somebody's eyes. I love it.
3 Is there anything else in particular that your Marmee and Tata can do for you? We ever pray for you. We love thinking of you with "your" people. It is such an amazing experience you are having. Embrace being in the middle Joseph!! - I certainly will. The Spirit is teaching me to enjoy every moment I have here and to, as Chris wrote me in his letter, listen to the spirit more than I watch the clock. I love this work and being a missionary. It's so rewarding. God lives and loves each of us so, so much.
And I love you!
S laskou,
Starsi Mullen
No comments:
Post a Comment