February 24, 2013
Hello! Jejda (yay-duh), jak čas letí! (chawss leh-tee), or My, how time flies!
I haven't looked at the photos, I'll see if President will give me permission to take a peek at them later on. That sounds like a great set up, though, for BYU in the fall! If there's anyone who could get something like that organized, it'd be Emmett. Tell him thanks for me and that I so look forward to catching up with him sometime in the near future.
Yes,
to answer your first question, the Martins should still be here this
summer! So you'll have to meet them - they're wonderful!
How good to hear Darren has come back safely. What a
great friend he is. So many returned missionaries coming back to GB2!
It'll be like a sons of mosiah moment when we get all back together. How
we've all grown and changed, yet still remained the same. President
Irwin said something that I really liked this week, that the goal isn't
to change our personality or talents, but to harness it for good. I hope
I'm "harnessing" my talents well and I look forward to using the things
I've learned here for the rest of my life. Each of us has different
talents and skills that I'm sure have been strengthened during this
time. It sounds like Rick has also had a growth experience on his
mission.
I haven't looked at the photos, I'll see if President will give me permission to take a peek at them later on. That sounds like a great set up, though, for BYU in the fall! If there's anyone who could get something like that organized, it'd be Emmett. Tell him thanks for me and that I so look forward to catching up with him sometime in the near future.
I'm so glad to hear about Aunt Sue and am also happy
(yet not surprised) that Mr. Grubaugh received the Journalism Teacher
of the year award. He so deserves it and played such a wonderful role in
my life during those years. I really consider him to be one of my
greatest mentors there at GBHS, alongside Mrs. Daniels. Thank them for
all they did for me.
It's true that Brother McConkie will be the next president, and President is very confident in him. I feel so privileged to be able to serve my full 2 years so closely with President Irwin and know that I was sent here at least in part because he was supposed to be my mission president. How thrilling for Joseph and Heidi (who have been called as Mission President in Mongolia) - they'll be amazing. I've met a fair share of Mongolians here in the Czech Republic and they are wonderful, beautiful people.
Here are some answers from this week:
1) How was your visit with Elder Lopez of the Seventy? - it was wonderful! He is such a wonderful, humble man with a very special spirit that he brings with him. He gave a training on his conversion story and how each thing each missionary did, from giving him his interview to helping him sing his first hymn, made a difference and impression on him. He talked about the message and the messenger of the gospel, how with Christ the message and the messenger were the same and how that is truly our goal and aim, to have our lives be the message of the gospel as we serve. It was a very touching training.
2) How are your investigators doing? - Amazing! We are teaching a couple amazing new YSA. One of them is from China and is way cool - she is a strong Christian and totally understands the importance of the Book of Mormon now. Another is also reading the Book of Mormon and is an amazing girl. We had an incredible lesson with our investigator from India. He is an incredible young man. He is going to be with family for a month and a half or so but then will return to take a job he received in IT here in Prague and he told us that as soon as he gets back he will continue. He has such an amazing spirit about him and I pray that he'll continue to feel the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon as he reads. We're also continuing to work with others. This truly is a work of miracles!
3) How is work progressing in other parts of the mission. The work continues to move forward at an incredibly rapid pace there in Plzen. They've held over 50 at church for the past couple weeks and the church is growing so fast. It's incredible to see happen. I love those people and it is a miracle to see how much that branch has grown and strengthened over the past almost 2 years.
4) Are there any food supplies you would like sent for Easter? We would like to put together a box for you!! - No food supply requests, but thanks for asking!
5) Will you be traveling much this week? What will be your emphasis in your training? - We trained last week on simple teaching and this week we have almost the entire week in our area, which is a huge blessing! We're excited to continue to work with all these amazing people who we love so much.
It's true that Brother McConkie will be the next president, and President is very confident in him. I feel so privileged to be able to serve my full 2 years so closely with President Irwin and know that I was sent here at least in part because he was supposed to be my mission president. How thrilling for Joseph and Heidi (who have been called as Mission President in Mongolia) - they'll be amazing. I've met a fair share of Mongolians here in the Czech Republic and they are wonderful, beautiful people.
Here are some answers from this week:
1) How was your visit with Elder Lopez of the Seventy? - it was wonderful! He is such a wonderful, humble man with a very special spirit that he brings with him. He gave a training on his conversion story and how each thing each missionary did, from giving him his interview to helping him sing his first hymn, made a difference and impression on him. He talked about the message and the messenger of the gospel, how with Christ the message and the messenger were the same and how that is truly our goal and aim, to have our lives be the message of the gospel as we serve. It was a very touching training.
2) How are your investigators doing? - Amazing! We are teaching a couple amazing new YSA. One of them is from China and is way cool - she is a strong Christian and totally understands the importance of the Book of Mormon now. Another is also reading the Book of Mormon and is an amazing girl. We had an incredible lesson with our investigator from India. He is an incredible young man. He is going to be with family for a month and a half or so but then will return to take a job he received in IT here in Prague and he told us that as soon as he gets back he will continue. He has such an amazing spirit about him and I pray that he'll continue to feel the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon as he reads. We're also continuing to work with others. This truly is a work of miracles!
3) How is work progressing in other parts of the mission. The work continues to move forward at an incredibly rapid pace there in Plzen. They've held over 50 at church for the past couple weeks and the church is growing so fast. It's incredible to see happen. I love those people and it is a miracle to see how much that branch has grown and strengthened over the past almost 2 years.
4) Are there any food supplies you would like sent for Easter? We would like to put together a box for you!! - No food supply requests, but thanks for asking!
5) Will you be traveling much this week? What will be your emphasis in your training? - We trained last week on simple teaching and this week we have almost the entire week in our area, which is a huge blessing! We're excited to continue to work with all these amazing people who we love so much.
I
unfortunately have to end here to get over to the building. Linda is
coming for the Saturday session of district conference, which is being
held here in Praha this weekend with Elder Lopez. We're excited for her
to feel the spirit. I love you so much and love this work! Christ lives
and loves us.
S laskou,
Starsi Mullen
No comments:
Post a Comment