Mission Address (use exact wording below for letters)

Mission Address

(use exact address below for letters -

packages require a different address)

Církev Ježíše Krista Svatých posledních dnů

Elder Joseph Mullen

Badeniho 1

160 00 Praha 6

Czech Republic Europe

Monday, February 18, 2013

Yet Another Week!!

February 8, 2013

Well it sounds like you all had a fun week! I'm glad to hear you've enjoyed your time in Watertown. What a fun time it must have been to spend so much time with little Landon. You'll have to send me some photos! It's amazing to see how much he has grown. He's quite the big, smart boy now! It's amazing how change happens so quickly sometimes. But it's such a blessing to be here in this mission at this time.

And wow, SNOW! Lots of snow. How beautiful it must be. We don't have hardly any snow left here in Praha, just little patches here and there on the sides of the sidewalks. There were a couple of small flurries this week but none of it stuck on the ground. Just pretty to see it fall.

I'm so glad to hear that my Aunt Sue is doing fine! I'll be praying for that hip to recover soon.

I'll confirm with Sister Munro on your response and make sure she's got it down all right. Thanks!

So here's your answers before I fill you in on a couple more things from this week:

1.  Is it snowing tonight where you are?  How has the weather been there? Are you staying healthy or do you have a cold? - It's not snowing tonight, and the weather has been quite good! A little chilly at times just from the wind and temperature, but very little snow or rain, which is a blessing. I'm staying healthy, the only toll I've taken in the past weeks has been a sniffly nose and light cough which is no problem. I've not had to take out any proselyting time and I'm doing well. Thanks for asking!
 
2.  Have you seen Elder Coleman recently?  How is he doing in the HK? - Yes, I actually saw Elder Coleman 2 days last week, Thursday and Friday! On Thursday we had progression training for new missionaries and trainers and on Friday we had a mission-wide leadership conference in Brno. He's doing absolutely marvelously and is doing a wonderful job training Elder Bushnell. Elder Coleman is just one of those people who brings the spirit into the room when he walks in and lifts everyone around him, as he did me during our transfers together. They are seeing lots of miracles there and I'm excited to continue to see him a couple times more throughout the transfer.
 
3.  What's the latest 411 on your investigators?  - One of them is doing quite well and is seriously considering baptism now. It hit him last week, during a lesson in HK (We team teach him with Elders Coleman and Bushnell, since he works in HK throughout the week and comes to church in Praha over the weekends) that being a member will require changing more things than just his Sunday schedule. But he's doing well and told us he'll be at church again tomorrow. 

One big miracle this week was with another investigator - I wrote to you about her in my email on November 24 last year. She was a referral from a member here and after our first lesson she couldn't meet for one reason or another. We thought she might have lost interest. But We talked with her member friend and he's been working with her ever since our lesson. All his member missionary work resulted in one of this week's miracles - she came to church! She absolutely loved it and felt the spirit so strongly. It was a fast/testimony meeting and the members who bore their testimonies did so with such conviction. We will be meeting with her for 30 minutes before church starts tomorrow. It was just so special. She told us that she felt that God had led 2 missionaries from America and 1 from England/Slovakia to share this with her that night. She loves the Book of Mormon and we're excited to meet with her again. This work truly is a work of miracles!

4.  Any wants or needs we can send? - Nope, nothing specific comes to mind. But thanks, though!

5.  Has my package with the pens for the new missionaries arrived yet?  I believe it is too soon but I would expect them to arrive in another week or so. - They still haven't arrived yet, but I'll be keeping an eye out for them!

6.  I noticed there are three ZLs in Plzn.  Is that just because there are an odd number of elders or is someone scheduled to leave mid transfer? - There was an odd number of Elders this transfer, so that's why there was a threesome.

7.  How is elder Burton acclimating to being the new office manager?  I am sure you are a huge blessing to him and can help shorten the learning curve. - Elder Burton is doing a great job and is a very organized missionary. He's doing a great job as office manager and is blessing the mission with his talents.

So here we are, another week flying by at lightning speed. I'm excited for the work and our investigators. I love the members here and am grateful for the power of the gospel. The teachings that are contained in the gospel just make sense - and the good effects of living according to it are so evidently apparent in my life. I love this calling and time I have to be a missionary. Thank you for this opportunity. 

I love you all,
S laskou,
Starsi Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment