Mission Address (use exact wording below for letters)

Mission Address

(use exact address below for letters -

packages require a different address)

Církev Ježíše Krista Svatých posledních dnů

Elder Joseph Mullen

Badeniho 1

160 00 Praha 6

Czech Republic Europe

Monday, February 18, 2013

Hello, Hello, Hello

February 2, 2013

Hello, family! It's just incredible that it is already time to email again - the weeks just fly by so fast. What a wonderful time this is. I never thought that so much time could pass in what seems to be such a small moment. Just gotta make the most of it!

How exciting to be going to Boston! Be sure to give everyone there a big hug and kiss from me. I sure do love you all - and I'll be excited to have the love grow larger with the new girl on the way. How very exciting it is!

And yes, I did receive the extra birthday package - and wow. What a gift. I loved each entry in it - how fun to see little stories from people so near and dear to me and to hear from people who I haven't in a while. The pictures were wonderful - so many memories. Thank you for that wonderful gift of time and memories. I showed it to President and Sister Irwin and they absolutely loved it as well. What a wonderful birthday gift - thank you thank you thank you - it will be a treasure forever.

I'm glad to hear Elder Clift and Jeff are doing well. Please send my love.

So here are some answers for this week!

1.  Did you get the package with the "rest of your birithday"? - Yes, I did! Again, thanks so much!

2.  How are the new missionaries adjusting? - They're doing really well as far as we know! It's hard to keep tabs on everyone when they're so far away, but all the reports we are hearing from their trainers and district leaders are very positive. What an exciting time for them to begin this journey. It's just so comforting to see how the work continues to move forward uninterrupted.

3.  Are you traveling at all this week?  How's the snow...your mom wants to know...hehe - This upcoming week we will be in Brno on Thursday and Friday for progression training (New missionaries and their trainers) and for a mission leadership conference. We are excited for both of them and will be planning all the details in the coming days.

4.  How are the Munro's adjusting to missionary life?  Tell us a little about them if you could. - The Munros are wonderful. Elder Munro is so eager to help and do anything - when I go to fill our mission money pouch (the wallet we use for mission expenses, like gas and training meals, etc.), he gets them done right away and asks if he can fill the other one too, while he's at it! He loves teaching with missionaries and always asks if there's someone he can teach with us. Sister Munro is just so sweet and lovely to have around the office. She keeps a stash of Milka chocolate bars in her drawers that comes out for missionaries who visit the office and is so excited to be a missionary! It is wonderful to have them both here and get to know them and serve by them.

5.  How are your investigators doing? - One of them understands the commandments well and is willing to keep them - in our last lesson we taught him the Sabbath Day and he accepted it and promised to come to church every week. Our recent convert is also doing great and continues to study the Book of Mormon and pray daily. She is excited to go with the branch to the temple on March 9th and is just such a pleasant lady.

6.  How is mission training going? - Trainings are going well and we are looking forward to the 2 conferences next week. I'll be sure to let you know how they go.

7.  Did you get the see the little video of Landon from Chris?  Isn't he just the cutest thing? - YES! Ah, he's so cute. I'm glad he liked his little toy. I liked how interactive it was and, like I said, it was handmade in the Czech Republic! As I said last year, Krtek is one of the most popular cartoons here. I sure do love you all!

We were also privileged to teach a family this week, our new next door neighbors. They are a wonderful couple with 3 cute kids. We pray that they'll feel the spirit and recognize what the gospel can add to their family. We also had the privilege to have a Zone Leader Council with Elder Richards of the Area Presidency. He is a very wise man and gave some wonderful training on servant leadership and the importance of simple teaching. It was very enlightening. I love being able to serve in this capacity.

I know that the gospel is true and am so excited to be a missionary. I want to use every day. Elder Gabrielsen and I have been doing all we can to truly consecrate ourselves to the work, talking to people everywhere - at stoplights, in trams, in the metro, in stores, on the streets, in homes. It's wonderful and very fulfilling work. I love my Savior - He lives.

S laskou,
Starsi Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment