Mission Address (use exact wording below for letters)

Mission Address

(use exact address below for letters -

packages require a different address)

Církev Ježíše Krista Svatých posledních dnů

Elder Joseph Mullen

Badeniho 1

160 00 Praha 6

Czech Republic Europe

Sunday, December 23, 2012

A šťastné dikuvzdání i vám!

 November 24, 2012

Wow, what a wonderful week it sounds like you had! I absolutely loved the pics - so good to see all of my favorite aunts in my favorite house all together. And what a wonderful surprise it must have been to have Kate come. I loved your description of Marmee beaming and clapping for joy - I can totally see it and hear it haha. Gotta love that clapping Marmee! I loved the little video you sent of when she came in - so good to see you all! I so wish I could hear Cori's house concert - I'm sure it will be wonderful. Will you do it out back, then? 90 is an awful  lot of people! But such fun.

I loved your description and pictures of the feast. And good to see that you've still got me doing ridiculous things in my cardboard cutout form haha. I love you all so much - how grateful I am for our family.

I (and Elder Coleman, and the whole office for that matter) look forward to the Christmas package - sure do love you guys! You're so good to me and my companions. I was talking with the Martinovi the other day and mentioned that I was making pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving and Sister Martinova said something to the effect of that they were talking about me the other day in the district because one of the Sisters asked if they could get pumpkin pie anywhere. Elder Bird, one of the Zone Leaders in Brno, replied that all someone has to do is be Elder Mullen and his parents will send it haha. So you're famous!

So here’s a few answers for the week.

1.   How was transfer day?  Any surprises?  Still hard to believe that Sisters Brimhall and White have concluded their mission with Sister Bean soon to follow.  We bet it was fun to take the new missionaries on their “Prague walk.” - Transfer day went quite smoothly! Our district is wonderful! We have Elders Coleman and I, Elders Knapp and Clyde in the office, Sister Pysnakova and Barney (a new missionary), Elders Durrant and Tenney (Elder Durrant is a former AP and he and Elder Tenney are spending their last half-transfer here in Prague before they go home for school on the 18 of December), and Elders Egger and Boysen! Yes, "mein Vatr" is back in Prague for his last transfer! It was wonderful to be with Sisters Brimhall, White and Elder Dietrich on their last day and take some of them to the airport. Amazing how time flies. Sister Brimhall said something that I really liked, though, and that is that our mission really never ends. The work continues, just in a different part of the world and perhaps in a little bit of a different way. How wonderful, though, that we are always missionaries. We actually had transfer day on Monday for most people in the mission, then we sent the new missionaries straight out to their areas on Tuesday evening, instead of the usual Prague walk, sleep for the night in Prague, and then breakfast and sending them out on Wednesday. We thought we'd try it out this way, and we'll do a Prague Walk with them all in 2 weeks time when we have Progression Training in Prague. They'll in all honesty enjoy it more then when they aren't dead tired haha. 

2. Is this Elder Coleman’s final transfer?  We sense from your emails he is just an outstanding missionary and has been a great companion. - No, Elder Coleman still has 2 transfers, so he'll probably get to go back out into another area his last transfer. I really love serving with him, though, and we are seeing miracles together in our work. The Lord truly is laboring with us and we are so privileged to serve together another transfer. Plus, we'll get to do lots of fun things this transfer together with Christmas and new years and all.

3. What is your holiday routine for Christmas?  Will you gather as a mission for a program/party similar to last year and there hand out the “silver bells” packages from home to each missionary? - We will have another Christmas program this year, which we are excited for - all the missionaries will come to Prague and we'll have a wonderful day together. It'll be lots of work on Elder Coleman and I, since it is the APs with President who organize nearly the entire program. So lots of work, but lots of fun.

4.  How will you spend Christmas day?  As a District?  Or will you and Elder Coleman just be with the office staff and the Irwins? - Not quite sure on the Christmas Day details, but I would assume it'll be as a district instead of just the office. We love all the missionaries!


6. Did you receive the sheet music e-mails? - Yes! Thanks so much.  We also sent the hard-copies as a back-up!  Could you perhaps record your performance so we could share?  If not, we fully understand.  We just love to see and hear you perform! - Thanks for sending those, we're really excited to do the concert. We're looking at 4 potential cities to do it in, and I'll see if we can get someone to record it somehow so you can get a taste.

7.  Most importantly, how are your investigators doing?  Please share with us your missionary experiences this past week.  Are you traveling much this coming week? - This week brought more miracles in the work. Unfortunately we haven't been able to get in touch with one of our investigators this week, but we are prayerful that the Spirit will work with her to help her realize the importance this path can have in her life. However, we have made amazing progress with many of our investigators! First of all, do you remember me telling you about a particular investigator? Well, she's working toward a baptismal date again and is going for it super solid. We had the most amazing, spiritual lesson with her when she realized how much baptism could help her no matter her age, and she's forming wonderful friendships in the branch. She's coming for all 3 hours of church tomorrow, hopefully with her daughter, and then she'll be attending the branch choir rehearsal with her member friend, then she's coming with us back to a member's home for lunch and a lesson. The members have helped her so much and they love her and she loves them. Never underestimate the power you have in the lives of investigators and recent converts - it is real. I can just see her being loved into the Gospel right now, and it is beautiful to see. We also began teaching another lady who has accepted a baptismal date for the 29 of December. A member in Prague brought her to church and I had the privilege of sitting close to her - we talked for a bit afterwards and set up a meeting. We've met with her twice this week and she is loving our meetings. She is a professional piano performance player who used to have recitals in the national halls in the Czech Republic - unfortunately when the economic crisis hit in 2008 she had to stop due to lack of ticket selling and is currently a financial adviser. But she is a wonderful person and is definitely a musician! Her whole personality just fits it perfectly.  She's also coming to church tomorrow and staying for all 3 hours. We're also meeting with a YSA aged young man who is studying at a university here. He is just such a friendly guy and really loves meeting. He's going to come to the baptism today (a girl from Plzen is getting baptized - that's 13 baptisms in Plzen this year! Missionary work has just come to life in that branch.) and we're meeting with him afterwards to set up his own baptismal date. We're also meeting with yet another investigator right before the service and he'll attend - so many miracles. We also had a wonderful experience teaching another member referral this week. We were teaching a recent convert here in Prague and asked him at the end of our meeting who he knew who needed the Gospel at this time. He said he would really think about it, and he really did! He gave us a call 2 days later and gave us the name, number, and address of one of his tenants who he'd spoken with and she is amazing. We taught her last Thursday and brought Elder Sandor, a missionary from Slovakia who had just returned from his mission in England that night! We taught with him and he was amazing - the spirit was just so present in our lesson and we had the privilege of teaching her in her own home. It was wonderful. I wish I had time to go into every small detail of our week, but that's about all I have time for now. Needless to say, there are miracles happening in Prague right now!

Anyway, know that I love you all sooooooo much. Enjoy the time together at the house concert, be sure to get some pics of people who come and of Cori singing. The Gospel is true. It brings true happiness and lasting peace to all those who seek. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. He lives.

S laskou,
 
Starsi Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment