Well, hello there! It's been a while since I've gotten to send you a full email, but that's how it goes when you get transferred to Prague! Life certainly is busy here in all the best ways. I absolutely love being around President Irwin so much in an even closer way. He is absolutely amazing and I learn so much from him every day from the big things and the little things he does. I believe that part of the reason I was called to the Czech/Slovak mission was to learn as much as I can from him. It is a humbling assignment to receive and I look forward to all that I will be able to perform in this assignment.
But now, Oh my goodness! Congratulations, Christers and Jenna! That is aboslutely wonderful news. I so look forward to meeting 2 little rascals one day. Because I'm back to emailing in the office I am able to view the videos you sent me while I was in Brno and Landon is absolutely adorable! What a fun, busy boy. I am so happy for you all and you are a beautiful family.
OK, so I can tell you want a bit more of an update on what's been going on the past 2 weeks, so I'm going to answer your questions and fill in any blanks that still might exist.
1 - So, as I said, I have been transferred to Prague to serve as an Assistant to the President with Elder Coleman. Last Saturday Elder Gabrielsen and I were just having our normal studies and had just finished singing and praying at the beginning of our Comp study when the phone rang. I looked who it was and it was President Irwin. It's not totally out of the ordinary for him to call Zone Leaders so I didn't suspect anything and answered the phone. After greeting and saying hello, President asked a familiar question that started to send my heart racing - "So, Elder Mullen, what do you have on plan today?" That was the exact question he asked me when I came into the office as Office Manager - he then told me that I should pack my bags and get a ticket to Prague for Sunday after Church, because I was coming to be his assistant. I was so excited and it seemed like my stomach instantly turned into a butterfly garden. As I said, it is a very humbling calling and I consider it a blessing, honor, and incredible opportunity to grow myself and serve others. So after church on Sunday I jumped on a train to Prague and arrived in time to catch dinner at the Rose's, an american family here in Prague, along with a recent convert in the Assistants area. It has been a wonderful week since and I'm just so excited to be here.
2 - My last Sunday was wonderful - so many people were at church and it was wonderful to be able to say goodbye to so many people who were there. Of course it is always sad to leave a city, since you do grow to love the people you serve so, so much. But I love the people in Praha also, and I am excited to be here again. President said something I loved last transfer, that every city we're in should be our favorite city. Last transfer, my favorite city was Brno. Now, my favorite city is Prague. That's how it should be, since any other option can keep us from loving the people we are around with all our hearts and devoting all our attention and love and time to them.
3 - Our current apartment is just around the corner from the office, but we are actually moving into a new apartment on Monday! I know, I'm such a lucky missionary, I always get to move into the new apartments in Prague haha! Apparently it is beautiful, has so many nice amenities (did I spell that right?), such as an in-apartment washing machine and even a dishwasher! Wowza, how cool is that? So we're excited for that. Elder Coleman is wonderful and we get along wonderfully. He reminds me a lot of Jeff, which is probably why we get along so well haha. He is a great missionary and we're excited to be serving together. He does have a friend who was in GB, Elder Gardener. Small world, huh?
4 - Of course - I had a wonderful transfer and experience with Elder Gabrielsen and love all those investigators, but I know that they are in good hands and that there are others here in Prague that need me here. So all is well.
5 - We get quite a bit of "normal" time to proselyte and we are teaching a good amount! But of course there are many other things to do - lots of meetings with President, trainings with every zone, greeting new missionaries, saying goodbye to missionaries going home, etc. I love everything about it.
6 - To give you a taste, Elder Salas stayed in Pardubice as a Zone leader, Elder Heath is in Olomouc as a zone leader, Elder Buhler is a district leader in Ostrava, and Elder Story is District Leader in Brno.
7 - The only missionaries who went home were Elders Nichol and Bacon, who went home earlier to get into school, and Elder Williams. Elder Williams is so wonderful and we got to have a farewell dinner and testimony meeting with him and President and Sister Irwin last Wednesday.
So yes, I'm loving being back here in Praha. I have already seen friends here who were excited I was back!
So yes, we're working well and I love seeing all these people I love so much again. Every member I see just looks so surprised and says "hey, you came back!" I love them all.
I love being back in Prague. I will write next Saturday and look forward to it. I know that the Lord leads this work and this church. I love you all!
S laskou,
Starsi Mullen
No comments:
Post a Comment