Hello, dearest family!
So I'm here in Brno, and transfers aren't until next week, so I still don't know what's going to happen! Sorry if I wasn't clear as to when transfers were, so they will be next Wednesday, September 19. So next Monday will not be a preparation day, but next Wednesday will! So yes, that's the latest news on transfers haha.
So I'll start out by answering some questions!
1. First obvious question. Are you going or staying? If you are going, where to and what assignment? If staying, who with and how do you feel about it? - Still don't know! Sorry - gotta wait another week haha.
2. Tell us about some of the ward members there that you have grown to love - well I sent some pictures of some of the members in my email today, so hopefully that gives you a taste. There are some amazing members here who I love so much. I've gotten close, of course, to the recent converts who we are teaching - One of them is actually in our same email cafe right now! She is so great and absolutely loves the gospel. Another is a super missionary - he refers his friends to us like nobody's business! We have made contact so far with 4 of his friends to teach and he has more he's working on to try to introduce us to. Whenever we ask him 'Who else do you know who needs the peace of the gospel?" he stops for a bit, thinks, and then tells us about another friend. He is such an awesome example. With another, every time we go over, she brings out half of a box of ice cream for each of us and lays on the whipped cream until the bottle runs out (and then sprays all over the table and sometimes us haha), which we faithfully eat before we have our lesson. Hopefully that just gives you at least a taste of some of the wonderful people we're privileged to be around!
3. How are your investigators progressing? That was so very cool! - One has been out of town due to work and family this week, so we haven't met with him, but we're planning on meeting either today or tomorrow, so we're excited to see him again. He continues to read in the Book of Mormon and Gospel Principles pamphlet and we pray for him to make his baptismal date without problem. His mom is also doing well, she has also been reading the Book of Mormon, but we haven't had an opportunity to meet with her again yet due to distance (they live a good ways away from Brno).
4. What have been some of you favorite memories of Brno? What will you take with you from that great city if you go? - Well, perhaps I'll answer this question next week, since I may still have many more favorite memories to make in Brno next transfer - you never know!
5. Is there anything more we can do besides pray for you and your people you have grown to know and love? - I think that's about it.
2. Tell us about some of the ward members there that you have grown to love - well I sent some pictures of some of the members in my email today, so hopefully that gives you a taste. There are some amazing members here who I love so much. I've gotten close, of course, to the recent converts who we are teaching - One of them is actually in our same email cafe right now! She is so great and absolutely loves the gospel. Another is a super missionary - he refers his friends to us like nobody's business! We have made contact so far with 4 of his friends to teach and he has more he's working on to try to introduce us to. Whenever we ask him 'Who else do you know who needs the peace of the gospel?" he stops for a bit, thinks, and then tells us about another friend. He is such an awesome example. With another, every time we go over, she brings out half of a box of ice cream for each of us and lays on the whipped cream until the bottle runs out (and then sprays all over the table and sometimes us haha), which we faithfully eat before we have our lesson. Hopefully that just gives you at least a taste of some of the wonderful people we're privileged to be around!
3. How are your investigators progressing? That was so very cool! - One has been out of town due to work and family this week, so we haven't met with him, but we're planning on meeting either today or tomorrow, so we're excited to see him again. He continues to read in the Book of Mormon and Gospel Principles pamphlet and we pray for him to make his baptismal date without problem. His mom is also doing well, she has also been reading the Book of Mormon, but we haven't had an opportunity to meet with her again yet due to distance (they live a good ways away from Brno).
4. What have been some of you favorite memories of Brno? What will you take with you from that great city if you go? - Well, perhaps I'll answer this question next week, since I may still have many more favorite memories to make in Brno next transfer - you never know!
5. Is there anything more we can do besides pray for you and your people you have grown to know and love? - I think that's about it.
I'm unfortunately out of time, but I hope the pictures and the answers have quenched your appetite for a taste of Brno. It is a wonderful city in which I have learned so much. The gospel is true, famly! I love you all and continue to pray for you.
S laskou,
Starsi Mullen
(dum dum)
No comments:
Post a Comment